• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Chrome Remote Debugging via usb debugging

pbf98

Android Expert
Oct 16, 2011
MN
I just learned of googles awesome ability that allows you use the chrome developer console on your pc, with your android device using chrome through USB Debugging.

Now Google has a step by step guide to get it to work, but I am unsuccessful every time. I can never get the chrome browser to find my device that is connected.

I do have the USB Debugging enabled in the developer options, and the phone is connected to my pc. Has anyone used this before that may know what I am missing?

Thank you

I was able to solve the problem. The problem was the Samsung usb driver on the computer. For what ever reason I had to uninstall the samsung driver and substitute it for a "universal" adb driver. Once I did this, it worked.

After using the remote debugger for a little while now, I must say that it is a pretty amazing tool to have for mobile site development. Definitely something worth checking out. Not only can you use the developer console on your pc, but you can access localhost sites via port forwarding. Very useful tool, one more reason I am a happy android user.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones