chrome tabs are tediousGeneral

Last Updated: 2013-07-29 21:48:55
  1. thequeenscheese

thequeenscheese Well-Known Member

multiple tabs open in chrome or moving back and fourth between chrome and other apps is just tedious its always reloading the page is there a way to force it to have the chached or saink?

Advertisement
  2. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

that annoying reload is part of Chrome and cannot be turned off. alternatively whenever i'm reading things in multiple tabs i use Opera Mobile (NOT Mini) which doesn't do that. you have to change a setting though but i don't recall how it was done. some about:config hack
  3. Bosbouer

Bosbouer Well-Known Member

Have you tried the Desktop option? I have had 5 tabs open and can skip between them instantly.

Spikes
  4. nickdalzell

I got request desktop site but I still get reloads if I go to another tab and back.
  5. thequeenscheese

same for me maybe its my wifi speeds as it doesnt keep the page open..
  6. nickdalzell

I think it is RAM related. If I switch tabs, I see the page as I left it for only an instant then it reloads. I think Google Chrome only allocates enough RAM to keep the view in one tab at a time.
  7. thequeenscheese

that also bit pants tho if theres ram to use then lets use it..
  8. nickdalzell

perhaps either trying another browser or contacting Google and pray they listen (unlike Apple or Microsoft)
  9. thequeenscheese

infact chrome is stakko on a tablet, twice now i had to leave a forum post half way through to uo a pic or check something in another tab and twice now its lost the dialogue in the open box again an android fail.