• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chrome To Phone: Anybody Using it?

i have the same computer issues.

"chrome to phone" installed on evo okay.

however,i can't find where to install the program on my computer. i use google chrome and unable to find "chrome to phone" on google chrome extensions page.

i search "chrome to phone" and search results start with Google Voice (by Google), Chrome to Notifo Extension, QR-Code Tag Extension, LinkPush, etc...

any other ideas?

Upvote 0
Hey, thanks to everyone for this tip...I have installed "Send to Phone" as a Firefox add-on and downloaded to the apk to my phone ("successfully" according to my phone); however, when I try to 'send to phone' it says I need to install the apk on the phone...and on the phone, I get a "parse" error.

Any ideas about what to do next?

Upvote 0
I got both ChromeToPhone as well as Android2Cloud working on my Evo. Great technology & services. ChromeToPhone works from both Chrome & FF with the correct extensions to send to your Android 2.2 smartphone, while Android2Cloud going the other direction from the phone to the desktop only sends to Chrome right now. The security concerns of allowing access to my gmail account do bother me a little but I installed both to test them out and I am impressed. I think the Cloud To Mobile Device technology underpinning one or both of these services is very powerful and will soon have a lot of applications in the near future for multiple services.

Upvote 0
In case some people don't know about this little gem. Send links and text straight to your EVO from your browser (Chrome & Firefox).

Chrome to Phone

Pretty nifty for copying text or opening a link on your phone, when your heading out the door or something. Idk, it's got alot of possibilities.

To copy text from browser to phone: hilight>right click>"send this text to android"

Upvote 0
It would be cool if you could authorize certain people to send certain types of info. For example my buddy and I text back and forth about all kinds of things, very often involving certain web pages. It would be very convenient for me to authorize him to be able to send HTML links only. If the app allowed this an authorization of a particular individual could be removed as easily as it was added, preventing any potential disasters. Not sure if this would ever happen but it sounds potentially useful.

i was thinking the same thing.... why can't it be extended to send to anyone in your contacts list? seems like a obvious next step for this. would seriously increase the usability

Upvote 0
Turns out if you highlight text and then push the Google Chrom to Phone Extension button, it will send.

i did this and it did send, however, the notification states "copied desktop clipboard"

so, now what? where can i view this? when i click on the "copied desktop clipboard" notifications it just goes away.

i don't know where to look for it now:thinking:

Upvote 0
i did this and it did send, however, the notification states "copied desktop clipboard"

so, now what? where can i view this? when i click on the "copied desktop clipboard" notifications it just goes away.

i don't know where to look for it now:thinking:

When it says that, it means that it put it on the clipboard on the phone so you can paste it into a text message, e-mail, note or wherever you can paste info from the clipboard. It's just a notification at that point.

It does this when it can't figure out that it's a phone number or a web address or map or other known data type.

Upvote 0
I cannot find Chrome to phone anywhere in the extensions page.

Anyone can tell me where the heck is it?

EDIT: Never mind, I used the Firefox version of it.

It is instantaneously with Firefox (I am using Firefox 4 beta). I go to a website in my computer, click on the phone icon and my EVO receives it instantly. (no delays whatsoever)

Not only that, even if I am home it opens browser automatically and go the page right away.

This is really a good feature to have.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones