1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Chrome-to-Phone Automatic Navigation

Last Updated:

1. snapbox

snapbox Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys...

I recently installed Chrome-To-Phone, but I'm trying to figure out how I can send commands to the phone that will automatically launch Google Navigation.

IE:
    I visit a location on Google Maps and send it to the phone. Google Navigation automatically opens and starts navigating.

Any idea how I can accomplish this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Advertisement
  2. sastek

sastek Member

It should be as simple as going to maps.google.com on your PC, enter your route and then click on the "send this page to your android phone" icon

3. Schwin97

Schwin97 Well-Known Member

Agree with sastek... Once you are on google maps with the direction listed you click the chrome2phone extension and it should work. Does on my nexus one???

4. snapbox

snapbox Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

You still have to choose "Navigation" though... If there's a way for it to automatically launch into Navigation, that'd be a huge plus.

5. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Try clicking print on Google maps and then send that to the phone. It seems to work better.

6. thegreen

thegreen Well-Known Member

I don't believe there is any way to remotely launch an app (navigation or otherwise) from your pc... Nav needs to be started directly on the phone.

I use the chrome -> pc app occasionally, but for navigating I find it easier to just "star" a location on google maps, then launch Nav on my phone -> Starred Items -> and Go!

7. kasl33

kasl33 Member

Another thing you could do which is very easy is to install the Android app called "Voice Actions." This app is a speech recognition app (you can actually carry on conversations with it).

You can tell the app, "Navigate to 1600 Pensylvania Ave, Washington DC" and it will automatically open up Google Navigation and take you to 1600 Pen...

8. wavmaker

wavmaker Member

9. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

I don't think either of the last 2 posts are relevant to Chrome to Phone (read the OP again) though.