Chrome to Phone Issue

Last Updated:

1. ashb

ashb Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having an issue with the Chrome to Phone map functionality. When I send driving directions from Chrome, my Droid will just open the Maps app and show me where I am currently. It won't display any directions. But it works perfectly when I send driving directions using the Firefox plug-in. Maps will open and directions are displayed.

When I look at the notification pane, the link sent from Chrome just says "http://maps.google.com" and nothing else. The link from Firefox says "http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source... etc".

Anyone else having this issue?

I'm running JRummy's Froyo Kangerade v1.0. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Sounds more like an issue with the plug-in than the ROM itself. I don't know if there's anything in the plug-in settings that would affect that because I haven't used it myself, but you may want to check. Either that or try reinstalling the Plugin/Browser and see if that makes any difference.

3. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

+1

There seems to be issues with the Chrome extension... It would seem that the Chrome team wrote a better extension for FF then they did for their own browser :p

4. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

Click the little "link" link on the right of the maps, copy that, paste it in the address bar. Now use chrome to phone. It should work.

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Actually, Right click the link that says Link and select Open in new tab, then go to that tab and use send to phone.

Just verified that it works perfectly. Thanks to Branndon for the workaround.

It opens in Maps, with the directions pre-laid out, and gives me the option to use the Navigation feature if I want, just as if I had entered a destination in the Car Dock navigation. This is completely awesome!

However, now it is *not* working in Firefox for me - I keep getting a message to log in, even though the page in Fx itself shows that I am logged into my Google account....

6. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member