• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chrome update runs in a window

Doit2it

Android Expert
Oct 23, 2009
Nashville, TN
twitter.com
Is anyone else having this issue? When I received the most recent version of Chrome (ver 39.0.2171.59 on Nov 13) from the Play store the app was running in a window (see attached screencap). The only way to get back full screen is to revert back to the previous version (37.0.2062.117). I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 running ROM Gummy 4.4.4. I've seen recent reviews stating the same issue from other phones. I sent an email to Google via link on the Chrome Play page. I've done that before and NEVER had a response except the non-reply bot generated response.

Attachments

• 2014-11-15 21.58.49.jpg
    2014-11-15 21.58.49.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 73
If you have Xposed Framework installed, you could try to force it in full screen with the App Settings module.

Xposed App Settings 1.10 Android Apk | Get Android APP APK
I don't have any way of testing (since I don't have the issue with the Chrome update), but I don't think that will work the way you expect. The normal usage is to force the notification bar to be hidden until you swipe down (i.e., semi-immersive). I just tested with an app that is intended to run in a partial screen window though (AirCalc), and forced full-screen with App Settings did nothing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones