Last Updated:

1. heythereitsv

heythereitsv Well-Known Member

As pretty much everyone who owns this phone (I assume all of the initial launch Sense 3.0 dual core devices too) knows, Chrome for Android acted up like crazy, and had awful artifacts and was in general, impossible to use.

Well, as of February 27th, 2013, this no longer seems to be the case! Updated Chrome, and have had NO visual artifacts/flickering while browsing. It does feel a bit laggy though.

Just wanted to tell everybody, because I've been waiting for a while to use Chrome as a main browser :D

*NOTE* I can personally vouch for Chrome working on Mobster's Unlocked Potential, latest build. Would love to hear testers on other ROMs!

BmXStuD, radford and pinocytosis like this.
  2. richking34

richking34 Well-Known Member

Chrome works great on Viper Rom, im on the latest Midnight rom and its works fine just choppy and laggy at some points though
  3. AngryTeddyBear

AngryTeddyBear Well-Known Member

It seems fine so far on Harmonia. Although I did notice the text on webpages to be 'fuzzy' for the lack of a better word.
  4. gothicnerd1033

gothicnerd1033 Well-Known Member

So glad Chrome finally works better! I was wondering when they were gonna update it. :D

Using Harmonia 3.17.
  5. MrJedi

MrJedi Well-Known Member

I still have issues where the keyboard does not display on the screen until after you touch where you think a key might be. However, I agree I have not seen the flickering issue in a while.
  6. radford

radford Well-Known Member

Same here. Whether it's stock or custom rom with chrome and the default browser. Keyboard blanks out. No way to get around it so far.

7. gothicnerd1033

gothicnerd1033 Well-Known Member

I use a secondary keyboard installed from the market(Q2 keyboard), and have yet to have a keyboard glitch like others are saying. are you guys using the stock keyboard?
  8. mrawesome22

mrawesome22 Well-Known Member

Same here. Jellybean keyboard works fine. Though chrome is choppy, it's at least usable now.
  9. LakersDroid

LakersDroid Well-Known Member

As an alternative, have you tried Dolphin Browser? It's pretty fast and smoooth.
  10. akexbhood

akexbhood Member

Chrome still will not let me download pictures over 4g. It's weird. I can download files over 3g or wifi, and I can download files over 4g with other browsers, but chrome just will not let me download anything over 4g.
  11. radford

Updated and no flicker or faded out keyboard so far. I like chrome so it's good news for me too.

12. phw8558

phw8558 Well-Known Member

So far so good on aokp
  13. radford

ok, forgot to put down the rom.

harmonia 3 rooted and chrome latest. no jumping, fading or flickering so far.

I use chrome for just about all my browsing. I've been using the evo v exclusively lately
    so this update was good news to me.

14. SoulDroid1

SoulDroid1 Well-Known Member

I'm running CyanogenMod 10.1 "WILD FOR THE NIGHT". Chrome now works great. No graphical glitches. No jumping.

I have the latest SwiftKey installed and it works great with Chrome.
  15. thIsgUy20

thIsgUy20 Well-Known Member

In on pacman v20 it works great. BTW idk if anybody notice but like if you press the button to take you to tabs you can swipe up six times and it will flip.....its not something super crazy but i did it on accident and been doing it ever since for no reason lol. Just wanted to see if anybody else noticed it

Edit#1 actually its 5 times not 6 :)
    radford likes this.
  16. phw8558

phw8558 Well-Known Member

^^nice find, just confirmed myself, actually 5 swipes though:D
  17. thIsgUy20

Lol ohhhh its 5 well i do it random times now ill just tab then flip it for awhile
  18. radford

Pretty cool find. Swiped up 5 times and the tabs flipped.

19. landonh12

landonh12 Well-Known Member

I'm on Viper3D, and chrome says that my phone isn't compatible with the new version. Can someone upload the .apk so that I can download it and install it?
  20. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Google is your friend. :D
  21. thIsgUy20

you could just go to and look up chrome. they have a bunch of apps on there i use it alot. im kinda lazy today dont wanna do all the copying pasting uploading linking and thanking and whatevering lol
  22. JoeyofBladez

JoeyofBladez Member

OP, what ROM are you on, etc? Stock?