• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Chromecast how to pause video?

jo69

Android Enthusiast
May 29, 2013
I play videos that are the internet or on my android tablet and cast them to my Chromecast.
It works well.
But if i need to pause them, there are no controls visible on my android tablet. It just goes back to the homescreen.
Am i supposed to be able to control chromecast from my tablet?

1) I moved your thread to the Chromecast subforum to get the best support. :thumbsupdroid:

2) Chromecast relies upon the casting app to provide playback controls. If you cast from Youtube, for instance, you use Youtube's controls. Casting from the HBO Go app uses the HBO Go app's controls. Chromecast itself doesn't provide an interface for controlling playback.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
When i find a movie on a webpage, I look for and click the chromecast icon that is usually at the bottom of the video.
Regarding home movies on my android tablet i open es explorer, find the video and tap on chromecast in es explorer menu.
Cant seem to pause anywhere though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones