• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Chromecast not working

Is anybody's chromecast working with their bionic? I can't find any chromecasts on my network when I scan, but easily pick it up when using my nexus 7. Gmusic doesn't have the icon to cast, but YouTube can and will. I'm lost on what to do...

No, our bionics can't find Chromecast, either. I've set up Chromecast successfully on the TV, and used it from our laptop and both our tablets, but neither of our bionic phones can see it. Since we both have screen locks, I thought that might be related, but once I (finally) figured out how to remove the screen lock and try again, it still didn't work. I've previously removed AVG and uninstalled a couple programs I thought might be preventing it, but no luck. Interesting about my Xoom tablet: it found the chromecast when I accidentally had WiFi off (3G found it)! Tried that option on the bionics but that option is overridden by the version of Chromecast on the phones.

I'm stumped.

Upvote 0
No, our bionics can't find Chromecast, either. I've set up Chromecast successfully on the TV, and used it from our laptop and both our tablets, but neither of our bionic phones can see it. Since we both have screen locks, I thought that might be related, but once I (finally) figured out how to remove the screen lock and try again, it still didn't work. I've previously removed AVG and uninstalled a couple programs I thought might be preventing it, but no luck. Interesting about my Xoom tablet: it found the chromecast when I accidentally had WiFi off (3G found it)! Tried that option on the bionics but that option is overridden by the version of Chromecast on the phones.

I'm stumped.

Yeah I've tried everything too. It stinks because it's such a great little device. I'll just keep using my Nexus 7 in the meantime I guess.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones