Chronic Force Closing and stuck Airplane Mode.... WTF?!?!General

Last Updated:

1. Chopstick2U

Chopstick2U Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I powered on my Eris this morning and was greeted by 5-8 force close notifications for what seems like all of my critical processes. My status bar shows that I have no reception, and my lock screen says I'm in Airplane mode, but if I hold the End button down, it says AP mode is off.

If I try to go into my wireless settings, Settings will FC. If I bring up the dialer, that will FC. If I click my Wireless Network toggle widget, then Sense will FC. Everything is FUBAR.

I can't think of any recently installed applications that might have caused the problem... aside from the latest OTA patch. This was the first time my phone has been powered off since installing the latest OTA.

Anyone seen this? Any ideas before I go marching off to the VZW store?

Advertisement
  2. Chopstick2U

Chopstick2U Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Solved: Prior to taking my phone to VZW to get it wiped, I used App Manager to back up a few programs. Looking at my list of Apps, I saw that I had downloaded an app designed to give network information and tell me how many cell towers I was getting data from. I don't think I ever even opened it after I downloaded it on a whim last week. This was the first time I booted my phone up with the app installed, and it broke everything.

I uninstalled it, but I didn't think about rebooting the phone until I was bored waiting in line at the VZW store. So I fixed it by myself and the neanderthals at VZW didn't get to wipe it... geek cred intact!