1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

ChronoLog - Automatically track time and mileage using GPS

Last Updated:

1. Pocket Galaxy

Pocket Galaxy Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

We just launched an app we have been working on called ChronoLog. It is a time and mileage tracking app which works on the concept that you create zones where you want to track time. When you enter a zone it automatically logs you in , when you leave it logs you out. Transit times are logged when you travel between zones. The mileage driven between the zones is also calculated. Logs can be emailed and opened in any spreadsheet program. It's in the Market under "Productivity"

I could go on in further detail but it is all described at our website : http://www.chrono-log.com

Let us know what you think !

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. droiduser99

droiduser99 New Member

This might be just what I've been looking for.. but, the mileage tracking isn't really what i'd be using it for - more for tracking time in different locations. Can I export just the time tracking data or are they both mixed together in the same file?

Thx

3. jsf21977

jsf21977 New Member

I think this app could be very helpful to someone who finds logging mileage/drive start and end times overly cumbersome. i dislike this task so much, for the last 2 years i've put off doing my mileage until my taxes are due. then i've spent a few days worth of my time literally one by one, plugging in all of my appointments from the previous year (thats a lot of appointments) into google driving directions to calculate the total work-related mileage each day. this has been incredibly time consuming to say the least.

This app looks like it could have great potential. i will be trying it out and seeing if the process to convert the log that is automatically generated is easy. I'll follow up with my review in a month or so. thanks for developing it.

4. MeredithM

MeredithM New Member

Would love your verdict! Just switched from Crackberry to 'droid today and have the same adverse reaction to tracking mileage. SHOOT ME. Is this app working the way you wanted? Auto tracking working? Is it a battery-suck? Thanks for any feedback before I download...

5. Pocket Galaxy

Pocket Galaxy Member This Topic's Starter

We just released an update for ChronoLog. This version adds the ability to manually start and stop the logging. This manual functionality works on top of the underlying automatic nature of the app.

More about this on our website www.chrono-log.com

There are a couple of other minor features added that were requested by our users. Most notably the option to track kilometers instead of miles.

-Eli