• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CHUWI V88 Does anybody know this make?

Don't know this particular Chinese tablet, however there's a few Shenzhen trading companies using the Chuwi brand. Best thing you can do is try it out for yourself, see if it's any good or not. Most important thing is to make sure your buying from a reputable retailer that has a good returns and support policy, just in case it is a lemon. It might be OK, but just don't expect any software updates from the manufacturer. And like many of these devices, support for Google Play and other Google services could be iffy or non-existent.

Upvote 0
Hi guys

Does anybody have got some info about the reliability of the Chinese tablet make CHUWI.

Especially the V88 model.
It is a Quad Core RK3188 Tablet with a 7.9 Inch IPS Screen. It has got Android 4.1 with 2G RAM, 16GB HDD, WIFI and Dual Camera.

Any info will be appreciated.

I just bought this tablet on ebay for 210 and am EXTREMELY happy with it. Very light, very thin, bluetooth. Sound is ok, not great. It only has one mono speaker. It does not charge via usb only with the included power adapter that resembles a pin. The speed is incredible. It is easily rootable (already did it on mine). The screen looks fantastic and the touch is very very sensitive (in a good way). It comes with a screen protector already applied (you just have to take the last layer off). Mine also seems to have come with a second seperate screen protector. It comes with a usb otg cable which is for connecting things like thumb drives, portable hard drives, usb game controllers and keyboards (these are all limited to the driver support but just an example). Comes with a usb cable to connect to your pc as well. Has a nice, soft, cleaning cloth to clean the screen. Overall, highly recommended. The only other tablet I was considering was the yuandao n80rk, but the battery was smaller and it doesn't come with bluetooth. Obviously, the jury is out on the reliability as I haven't owned it long enough but so far it's excellent. Other people online have had issues with the charger but most of the time the tablet itself is not the culprit. Also, first-run batches of this were not very good quality-control-wise as the company is somewhat new to the tablet game. Supposedly they have gotten better over the last few months but this is where having a good seller in the U.S. to check it before it gets to you pays off.

I highly recommend getting this tablet (or any he carries) via tweak_ginger on ebay as he has the best value overall. He's based in florida and has excellent communication. He makes sure all the chinese junk apps are off the tablet and switches everything to English before sending it to you. He also tests all the features making sure they all work. If there is any non-working problem or the screen isn't aligned properly, he just sends it back to chuwi rather than forcing the customer to have problems from the start. There are many chinese sellers on **********.com and other sites like pandawill.com, however, the items look cheap until you factor in shipping cost/time things like that. Many of those sellers are just based in china and drop-ship straight from the distributor or factory. The problem is, support is non-existent and they don't check the tablets before they go out (they can't as stock is not on-hand). So if you happen to have an issue (VERY possible with a chinese tablet) then your stuck dealing with someone who can barely speak english and usually doesn't understand your questions. Then you have to worry about the possibility of customs cost, both coming into the country and going out, if you have to send them back. By the time your done weighing these options out, it's easy to see that for peace of mind, just buy from a U.S. based seller. You'll pay more up front, but you'll get a tablet that was checked, adapted, and supported by someone that understands your language as well as you do. Plus with just one issue of your tablet you've purchased from afar, the shipping back to the country of origin alone would be the cost to just buy it here to begin with. I HIGHLY recommend tweak_ginger on ebay enough for all your tablet needs! Test him out before you buy anything. His before-sale response gives you an indication of the type of seller he is. The real question is; how much is your time/lack of frustration worth?

I hope this helps people looking to get this tablet and others. Any other questions, please ask. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones