Circle Battery Zip?

Last Updated:

1. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently running xtrSENSE 4.2 and was wondering if anyone has a circle battery with the percent inside zip I can D/L and flash? I've been searching and haven't found a zip and I'm not comfortable with renaming files or running commands/prompts. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks everyone :)

Advertisement
  2. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Well-Known Member

I'm interested in this as well

3. WormDoes

I found a zip on XDA, flashed it and it sent my phone into a endless boot loop. Thank god for nandroids. I also found one you can use MetaMorph to install but don't know anything about MM. Has anyone tried or are using the circle battery via MM and could walk me through it?

4. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member

I posted the Metamorph theme on XDA, and here. There is a walk through on how to use the app and the zip file. However, I am not certain that it will work on a Sense rom as I don't have anything to test it on. You can be my guinea pig lol. Like you said, that's what the Nandroid back up is for. Enjoy.

Here you go: http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-root/184359-white-circle-metamorph.html

5. WormDoes

HAHA, screw it, I'll give it a whirl. I'll post back in here and your thread and let you know the results

6. es0tericcha0s

Heh, good luck :) I know it works on Cyanogen based roms. In theory, I think it should work for Sense too. Some of the framework is different between the 2, but I wanna say those would be the same. Guess we will find out in a bit...

7. prj

prj Well-Known Member

8. WormDoes

Doesn't work. It just showed my old battery after a couple reboots. Is there anyway you can make this into a zip that would work with my ROM?? Thanks in advance

9. es0tericcha0s

That sucks man, sorry. I never liked Sense, and don't understand the fascination with it. I believe that Metamorph works a lot better with CM roms, but I haven't really looked into it in depth. I'll take a look at it, but dunno if I will be able to get anything done on it tonight. Have to spend time with the girlfriend :) Maybe tomorrow night though, after work. I can't promise anything though.

10. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I run xtrROM4.06 ... I have the circle battery with the percent in the middle. I just uploaded it, give it a try ... 2shared - download framework-BW-01-51-1.zip

Here is what I looks like ...
    [​IMG]

Its blue for the first 25%, then green for the next 25%, then yellow and finally red

WormDoes likes this.
  11. prj

prj Well-Known Member

How do you install that once you download it?

Your download link doesn't work

12. kobel1up

kobel1up Well-Known Member

I just downloaded this zip, on the download page in small print it says "save to pc or computer" something like that. Click on that then place the file in the root of your sdcard and flash. It looks great on my phone a perfect addition.

13. WormDoes

It worked! Thank you so much! Very nice home screen btw

14. kobel1up

Ok a few hours after I flashed this zip I lost my verizon signal. I will wipe and nand restore and see if that fix's it. Oh and when your phone is 100 percent it looks like the factory battery icon.

15. WormDoes

Interesting. I flashed it a few hours ago and I'm not having any trouble. I noticed that when my battery is 75-100% the icon is blue and not red, which I'm quite happy about.

16. kobel1up

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that this is the cause of my lost signal, its just that this was the only thing that I changed today. I wiped and restored from my save before I flashed this zip and it still has no signal. I will investigate.

17. prj

prj Well-Known Member

I flashed this file using Amons Recovery. Now my phone won't boot. Gets stuck on the boot animation screen.

18. WormDoes

I spoke too soon, kinda. My battery just went back to the original one after like 4 hours of the circle working. That's strange. I wonder why that happened?

19. WormDoes

Pull the battery. Hold Vol up and power to get into recovery, run your nandroid you hopefully made before flashing the zip. Should be good to go

20. kobel1up

What Rom are you on? Mine was the XtrRom 4.2.1, I lost my signal a few hours after I flashed it. Hopfully you wont have to do a complete flash like I did.
    Did you charge your phone all the way full? When I did that it went to the stock battery, after it dropped to 99 it was the circle battery. Hope that helps.

21. kobel1up

I made a nandroid backup, after I lost signal I went to recovery wiped then did a restore. I still had no signal, I tried one more time nothing. I was beginning to think my antenna was bad. I did a restore from a different sdcard it worked. So I reflashed my XtrRom 4.2.1 and now I am setting it up again.

22. WormDoes

No I didn't charge it up to 100. I charged it to like 80ish then was just using my phone normally. I noticed it was back to old battery when I woke my phone up to use it. I reflashed the zip and the circle is back. I'm curious to see if this is a reaccuring issue or a random one.

23. es0tericcha0s

CyanogenMod FTW! It's so much easier to customize your phone on CM roms. Just sayin... ;)

24. kobel1up

ok, I just had to ask just to see if anything helps us, so the dev who made the zip can fix it if there is something there to fix. I really like the circle battery but don't want to take the chance of losing the signal again.

25. es0tericcha0s

Alright, so now I feel bad because it seems like a lot of people want this. I'll look into it tonight/tomorrow for the Sense guys. Without having Sense UI or an Eris to play with though, we'll see how that works out lol.

Ok then, I made a MM for ya. I used the battery from the zip that thetomlin2 posted, as it has more detail than the regular one I posted on my other link. Like I've mentioned, I've no way to test this, so please do a Nandroid first. If you need instructions on how to apply a MM theme then read from my link: http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-root/184359-white-circle-metamorph.html

Download link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9903887/Transparent-Chaos.zip

Yea I know all my MMs are entitled Transparent-Chaos, but it's the easiest thing for me to do, so deal with it. :p