• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Circle Battery Zip?

I also noticed that when my battery goes below 42% my battery goes back to the stock one until I get it charged above 43%. Thats so weird! Anyone habe any ideas why this is happening? I'm glad the circle battery eventually comes back and I don't have to keep flashing the zip like I had originally thought.

Has anyone tried the MM that es0tericcha0s posted? If it works constintantly and has no bugs then I'll have to give it a whirl. Thanks for taking the time to make one for us sense users btw

Upvote 0
Cool, I'm glad someone finally gave it a shot. If it works on XtrSense, then it shouldn't give you any issues with XtrRom as they are similar and both Sense based if I remember correctly. So, between the 2 links I have here, you should be able to find a working circle battery for your rom :) Now, the CM6 circle and Sense circles I posted are different, if you have a preference, let me know and I can swap the icons in and out of the 2. If you want to know what they look like ahead of time, just download it, unzip, and browse through the icons in there. Those and the XML file are the only things in there so I am pretty sure you can figure it out. ;)

Upvote 0
Cool, I'm glad someone finally gave it a shot. If it works on XtrSense, then it shouldn't give you any issues with XtrRom as they are similar and both Sense based if I remember correctly. So, between the 2 links I have here, you should be able to find a working circle battery for your rom :) Now, the CM6 circle and Sense circles I posted are different, if you have a preference, let me know and I can swap the icons in and out of the 2. If you want to know what they look like ahead of time, just download it, unzip, and browse through the icons in there. Those and the XML file are the only things in there so I am pretty sure you can figure it out. ;)

Not sure if it is a problem or not, my indicator said 80. I played on the internet and ran the gps, indicator still at 80. I am charging it to see if it changes. I may just have to reboot a few times to make it work.

Do you have any screen shots of the different circle batteries?

Upvote 0
The first MM theme I posted for CM6 roms uses a battery from the Transparent Chaos theme. The 2nd one for the Sense guys is based off of the link that Tomlin provided. I don't have any screen shots as I do not have an Eris any more. That's why I was mentioning downloading it first and unzipping it so you can look at what is provided. It really would take you less than 2 minutes to do such. Maybe a couple of the guys that have used this already can provide some screenshots for you. There will be a few random pics of the battery stuff on the Transparent Chaos post here: http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-root/161991-metamorph-transparent-chaos.html and then the other one looks like the pic that Tomlin posted.

Upvote 0
I also tried the metamorph transparent chaos and on my phone it slows it down, not the theme as much as the metamorph itself. I may just have to stay with the normal for now. Unless they do some tweeking and need a tester.

Could you explain please? I don't understand how a MM slows down? I'm not saying it doesn't, but just want to make sure we are on the same page.

So, is the battery changing at 42% an issue with my MM or with the flashable zip? Sorry, but it's not too clear. Please state which rom and zip you are using so we can try to figure out where the issue lies. I don't have anything to test it on, so you need to provide more details, thanks.

Upvote 0
I just charged my phone up all the way for the first time since flashing the circle battery and It goes back to the original on mine as well. So from 43-99% the circle battery zip works great other than that it stinks :thinking:

I have noticed that 100%, 80%, and 60% it goes back to the original ... I found the file on xda and I have no idea how to fix it.

Upvote 0
Could you explain please? I don't understand how a MM slows down? I'm not saying it doesn't, but just want to make sure we are on the same page.

So, is the battery changing at 42% an issue with my MM or with the flashable zip? Sorry, but it's not too clear. Please state which rom and zip you are using so we can try to figure out where the issue lies. I don't have anything to test it on, so you need to provide more details, thanks.

I have tried both the zip and the mm theme. Now above I said that after a few hours of the zip being on my phone I lost verizon signal. Not sure if they are related or not but I did a nandroid restore and still no signal. I did a nandroid restore from a separate sdcard got my signal back. I was to afraid to have that problem again so I didn't reflash the circle zip.

Now since I rooted I have tried metamorph only 2 other times and each of those times my phone is slower. When switching from screen to screen it acts like it doesn't notice I am swiping across the screen, I have to do it like 4 times before it switches. It happened again today when I tried it, I just think that my phone doesn't like some things, 2.2 and metamorph to just name a few. Just to be honest any theme I have downloaded for ADW launcher did the same thing, my screen was slow to respond to my touch and not snappy at all, like it was before the change.

Upvote 0

I was refering the the zip file from TheTomlin, not the MM. I'm not familiar with with MM as I don't do much theming because I only run xtrSENSE so I'm not sure how to even use it, lol. Thank you for taking the time to make a MM for use Sense users. I'm sure someone who is more familiar with MM with be able to give you some feedback

Upvote 0
I used mm (have notice no lag because of it). Works beautifully :)

screenshot_1.png

(Yes, it really is 101 degrees at 8:14 pm :eek:)

Oh, that's Tazz V8 btw

Upvote 0
Read through your thread on how to install the MM. Dumb question though, I understand everything except, how do I create a folder called Android Themes on my SD card? I've never had any need to create a folder before so I really have no idea, lol. Thanks for the help

EDIT: I figured out how to create a folder (can't believe it was that easy), installed MM and BB, and applied the theme. IT's working but I'm curious was this supposed to be a white battery? I'm at 80% charge and the circle itself is blue and the percent is in white. I'm not complaining by any means just thought from your description and the screen shot above it was all white, which would have looked sweeeeeeeeet with my black and white setup. Now that I've seen how simple MM is I'm going to explore and see what else I can do to sense with it.

Random question, what exactly is Busy Box and why do you have to have it installed along with MetaMorph?

Upvote 0
I used mm (have notice no lag because of it). Works beautifully :)

screenshot_1.png

(Yes, it really is 101 degrees at 8:14 pm :eek:)

Oh, that's Tazz V8 btw

Sweet man. Yea, I really haven't heard any complaints with the CM6 MM. I use the same Beautiful Widget set up as you too. The Ghost Droid clock skin looks sick. especially on a dark wallpaper. :)

Read through your thread on how to install the MM. Dumb question though, I understand everything except, how do I create a folder called Android Themes on my SD card? I've never had any need to create a folder before so I really have no idea, lol. Thanks for the help
There are a variety of ways. You can just mount your sd card to the computer and then right click > New Folder. Also, if you use a file manager, you should have an option to make a new folder. Try the menu button when you open your file manager of choice(Astro, Estrongs, Root Explorer, etc.) Should be there too.

Just saw your edit with BusyBox. Essentially it is a Linux based toolbox that allows access to even more things your phone is capable of doing. Easiest way to get this is to install Titanium Backup from the Market (awesome app to have anyway!) and when you start it, allow Root Access and then at the bottom right, hit the Problems? tab and it will install the latest BusyBox version for you. Then you can proceed to the rest of the instructions.

Upvote 0
There are a variety of ways. You can just mount your sd card to the computer and then right click > New Folder. Also, if you use a file manager, you should have an option to make a new folder. Try the menu button when you open your file manager of choice(Astro, Estrongs, Root Explorer, etc.) Should be there too.

I actually figured it out on my own :eek: Is this battery supposed to be white? Mine showed up and the circle is blue and the percent is white. I'm not complaining at all, just curious, because it would have looed sweeeeet on my black and white theme I'm rocking at the moment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones