• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Circles at top right corner of screen.

skaus84

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
Has anyone else noticed in the black surrounding the screen, in the top right hand corner there appears to be two small circles that look like they might be LEDs or possibly even a forward facing camera?

I have had a look through all the literature I can find about the Desire Z, but cannot find any mention of what they definitely are.

Could someone who has more knowledge about the phones hardware enlighten me as to what it is that I am actually looking at, or even hazzard an educated guess?

Thanks in advance!

On mine, the two circular features that are barely visible are on the top left of the screen when holding the phone in portrait orientation. They appear to be the light sensor and the proximity sensor. The light sensor is used to adjust the brightness on the screen if you set the screen brightness to automatic and to turn on the back lighting of the keyboard. The proximity sensor detects if your face is next to the phone on a call, so you don't end up pushing on screen buttons by accident.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones