City Pong

1. idlewire

idlewire New Member

You pick East and West locations that define the goals and North and South locations that define the walls. A ball travels over the map of your city kinda slowly and you have to drive your phone within a certain distance, like 10 yards to make it bounce back towards your opponent. Could cause some reckless driving, but would be a hella fun party game with teams of people in two cars trying to decided where to intercept the ball and how to get there quickly. In theory, you could play across the globe by adjusting the horizonal and vertical speed of the ball.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Tight

3. Cryptic79

Cryptic79 VIP Member VIP Member

Developer? ExxonMobil. :p
  4. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Lol

5. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

LOL @ Exxon hahahahaha

This sounds like the most dangerous implementation of Android Game yet. I also like the idea thats like a "hidden treasure" where people race to find "treasure" thats place on a map.

What if the treasure is in your neighbors house when you look at the map overlay? Better get it... its worth $20! Your other neighbor has an energy capsule in their back yard... you won't look suspicious at all hopping that fence!
  6. irishgandalf

irishgandalf Well-Known Member

best implimentation of android GPS? Flash Mob!
  7. nomad

nomad Member

Drop the idea of "Capture the flag" mode into that Pong game, and you're sorted :)
    Everyone in the city is running like a maniac with their gPhones navigating to their enemies base. Awesome.
  8. xeorene

xeorene Member

Sounds interesting :)

Any of you guys know what is the accuracy of GPS?
  9. fallen

fallen Member

Wow this has to have any police officers that may be on this forum cringing haha. Awesome idea horrible outcome i see but hell i'd play it.
  10. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member

I would say for safty and sanitys sake... have the game restricted to fields. I could see a bunch of people in a field, phones out, running around playing virual gps pong or whatever. :D
  11. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

^^^
    And then the Varsity Tennis Team walks by... shaking their heads, felling embarrassed for the dorks in the field using their phone as a tennis racket, playing pong with a fake ball. Hhaahahhah.
  12. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member

Then when one of them asks what the heck are you doing, the geeks turn and say that they're playing a team in china, next up is a group from Sweden, go play with your "racket" caveman.