cityid.apk for ota 2.2

Last Updated:

1. reedux

reedux New Member This Topic's Starter

does anyone have Cityid.apk for OTA 2.2. I'm trying to restore it, but every cityid.apk i've downloaded so far doesn't seem to be working. do i need the cityid.apk from the ota.2.2 update?

i'm using root explorer, and I restored all the other system apps i downloaded just fine, but cityid is a real bugger.

Advertisement
  2. CT53

CT53 Well-Known Member

You don't really need that.. It just tells you the origin of the number that is calling you. Why do you want/need it back?

3. cgull

cgull Member

The main reason for me is that updates from Verizon will check for it's presence along with other system apps and may not install without them present. I am trying to reinstall it but it is complaining about a missing library. It must have a non standard system installation. The only solution I have found is to restore factory rom... not gonna try that on my D2G. I guess I should have just froze it.

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Welcome to the forums!

If you need to restore system apps you blew away after rooting - without first backing up - then you may need to go as far back as your stock rom.

Advice on that sort of thing is ok.

Any download of any .apk in any sideways fashion is - strictly speaking - copyright infringement, and we can't have the forums act as a party to that info.

5. reedux

reedux New Member This Topic's Starter

duly noted mod.

i wanted it back to perform a system update. I guess factory rom is the way to go.

EarlyMon likes this.
  6. CT53

CT53 Well-Known Member

You don't need it back to update. Just go to whatever you used to root and unroot the phone. At least thats how it works for me.

What did you use to root the phone?