• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help CL14 Maintenance Release wrecked my phone

darkhelmet

Lurker
Jan 10, 2010
Never had so many problems with this phone until I did that silly update. Battery life went from bearable to dismal, almost every program is now up and running (using Advanced Task Killer every hour practically) and the stupid Nuance (should be called Nuisance) Voice Control starts up without any overt action on my part.

I can deal with the battery life issue and being habitually tied to Task Killer, but cannot at all stand hearing "Say a command" every time I put the phone down, while it is in my pocket or in the phone case. Who the heck uses voice command anyways???

Anybody know how to uninstall the voice command program altogether since I will never use it?

Never had so many problems with this phone until I did that silly update. Battery life went from bearable to dismal, almost every program is now up and running (using Advanced Task Killer every hour practically) and the stupid Nuance (should be called Nuisance) Voice Control starts up without any overt action on my part.

I can deal with the battery life issue and being habitually tied to Task Killer, but cannot at all stand hearing "Say a command" every time I put the phone down, while it is in my pocket or in the phone case. Who the heck uses voice command anyways???

Anybody know how to uninstall the voice command program altogether since I will never use it?

yeah, nuance doesn't work very well - i removed it. if you flashed using the sprint utility, then look in the root section up above and follow the instructions to flash a kernel (to have root) using the sprint utility.

Upvote 0
I am not condoning rooting or modifying your phone in such a way it gets bricked, but after serious consideration of the consequences and my overwhelming frustration with the battery life, this stupid little voice program, and the phone overall, I followed these instructions ([HOW TO] Gain Permanent Root on CL14 Out-The-Box and Backup/Restore Customizations - PPCGeeks) and successfully rooted my phone and removed Nuisance and several other programs I will never use. The best part, or in this case, another best part, battery life has increased dramatically. You can read my post on that forum explaining my grief and eventual joy during the rooting process.

Hope this helps because after all the grief I am a satisfied Moment owner.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones