CL14 Maintenance Release wrecked my phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. darkhelmet

darkhelmet Member This Topic's Starter

Never had so many problems with this phone until I did that silly update. Battery life went from bearable to dismal, almost every program is now up and running (using Advanced Task Killer every hour practically) and the stupid Nuance (should be called Nuisance) Voice Control starts up without any overt action on my part.

I can deal with the battery life issue and being habitually tied to Task Killer, but cannot at all stand hearing "Say a command" every time I put the phone down, while it is in my pocket or in the phone case. Who the heck uses voice command anyways???

Anybody know how to uninstall the voice command program altogether since I will never use it?

Advertisement
  2. kahale

kahale Well-Known Member

i had terrible data connection lockups with cl14. i did not have this issue before the update. it got so bad that i flashed it back to stock. if your unhappy with it then i suggest you do the same. you can easily flash back to cl14 with sprint update utility if need so.

Flash from "Official" CL14 update to CL14 with CJ05 SBL

follow up to step 7.

3. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

yeah, nuance doesn't work very well - i removed it. if you flashed using the sprint utility, then look in the root section up above and follow the instructions to flash a kernel (to have root) using the sprint utility.

4. darkhelmet

I am not condoning rooting or modifying your phone in such a way it gets bricked, but after serious consideration of the consequences and my overwhelming frustration with the battery life, this stupid little voice program, and the phone overall, I followed these instructions ([HOW TO] Gain Permanent Root on CL14 Out-The-Box and Backup/Restore Customizations - PPCGeeks) and successfully rooted my phone and removed Nuisance and several other programs I will never use. The best part, or in this case, another best part, battery life has increased dramatically. You can read my post on that forum explaining my grief and eventual joy during the rooting process.

Hope this helps because after all the grief I am a satisfied Moment owner.

5. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Just keep in mind that the problem you had is not the experience of virtually all other Moment owners who have done the cl14 update. There was something that went wrong with your specific phone during the update, either software (my guess) or hardware.

6. darkhelmet

Probably, maybe, perhaps, but regardless no problems now. In fact if a CL14 issue gave me the incentive to finally root my phone, THANK YOU!