• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Clarification on Cricket's Terms

HunnieBunnie

Apr 28, 2013
Texas, U.S.A.
I did a live chat with someone at Cricket, but it was not much help, so I will ask the readers here.

Cricket is currently offering the Motorola Moto G for $99 with a $50 rebate until September 11th. As I understand it, the rebate can only be used to pay for a month's service with Cricket. Is this correct? Also, if I had the $40 a month basic plan, would that leave me with $10 of rebate left over to apply to the second month of service?

I am currently paid through September 22nd with Metro. If I purchase the Moto G from Cricket before September 11th, can I wait until September 22nd to activate the phone and begin the first month's service with Cricket? I do not want to pay for service with Cricket whilst I am paid through the 22nd with Metro, understandably.

Finally, I was told that the Moto G from Cricket is locked; however, after four months of service paid on time, Cricket will unlock the phone for you. Is this true?

Thanks!

I would also prefer the 4G LTE version also, there is a big difference in speed between the 2 ;) and yes the $10 credit that is left will be applied to the balance of the following month. As for whether it a an account credit, I'm not sure, but either way you would get your $50.

Reactions: HunnieBunnie
Upvote 0
I would also prefer the 4G LTE version also, there is a big difference in speed between the 2 ;) and yes the $10 credit that is left will be applied to the balance of the following month. As for whether it a an account credit, I'm not sure, but either way you would get your $50.

I spoke to a store manager yesterday. Cricket actually has listed phone numbers to call, unlike Metro. He said the $50 comes as a gift card. Can be spent anywhere. He also confirmed that if one is switching from Metro or T-Mobile, there is a $100 credit applied for each number switched. Said he signed up a family of five this week, and they received a $500 credit to their account. Not a bad deal, but I would still prefer a 4G LTE phone if I were going to do this. Amazon has the Moto G 4G LTE for $200, but I really did not want to spend that much on a phone again. Spent that on the LG Motion, and now I will no longer be able to use it. : (

Reactions: slick_vick and DonB
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones