Clarivue Anti-Glare Screen Protector is awesome

Last Updated:

1. Marco Cordero

Marco Cordero Member This Topic's Starter

Pros:

- It is easier on my eyes to look at the screen without any glare
    - I prefer the way touch input feels now, and sliding my finger across the screen is much more enjoyable. I feel like my typing accuracy is improved slightly as my fingers can feel a slight texture underneath instead of just feeling the resistance of a hard surface.
    - Because it both protects the screen and resists fingerprints, it makes the phone feel more rugged and less delicate

Cons:

- It makes the screen a little darker, and the ambient light sensor (which is not covered by the protector) doesn't compensate for this. I can always manually crank up the brightness but so far this hasn't really bothered me.
    - Glossy screens will always seem more impressive. They are brighter, they have more contrast, and you have a clear view of each pixel. I was really worried about this before I got it because I didn't want to lose the benefit of the bright, high-res 800x480 screen. Though I feel like the WOW effect is slightly muted, the screen still looks great. It is a small tradeoff for the enjoyment I get now from the feel of the screen and the lack of fingerprints.

Notes:

The protector was very easy to apply. Two are included in the package in case you mess up the first. After it was applied I used my finger to push out a few minor bubbles, and now it looks great. No drying necessary, it seems, though I hear the clarity may improve over the next 48 hours. The fit was very good. There is a small margin around the edges of the protector where the screen is not covered, but my Sprint gel case covers those areas.

Marco

Advertisement
  2. epphllps

epphllps Active Member

I have this protector and I think it's amazing! Once I tried an antiglare for my iPhone I swore I'd never go back to the clear versions. It does not make the screen as dark as some people make it out, the ONLY difference to my eye is a more grainy look and some people even like that. For the people who say anti-glare protectors make the screen look bad, and I have seen plenty who say that, you must try it for yourself. No fingerprints, easier to see without glare issues, and the matte finish is great. Don't listen to negative reviews if you have an interest...just give them a try and see what you think. Clarivue isn't even considered top of the line as far as protectors go and I love mine. Can't wait to try a SGP anti-glare, preferably if they release the Ultra series version!

3. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Another satisfied user here.

4. InkedMuscle

InkedMuscle Active Member

Screenshots would be nice :)

5. Nitraine21

Nitraine21 Well-Known Member

I use the sprint anti-glare one, and I am very impressed with it. I was going to get clairvue but instead got the sprint one in the store......

6. spyder40

spyder40 Well-Known Member

Been waiting on mine from Clarivue for weeks. They are now going "to do a one time resend". Getting irritated.

7. cesjr02

cesjr02 Well-Known Member

I would like photos as well

8. system60

system60 Member

Had one on my N900 and loved it, got the sprint ones for now but will be ordering these to have extra.

9. FunDroid

FunDroid Banned

Is it full sized down past the bottom function keys, or only the screen part?

10. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member

Full size