class 6 sd card helpedAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Ramzes13

Ramzes13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did search before I posted, but I do apologize if this has already been posted.

I just got a transcend 16gb class 6 microsd card in the mail today, first thing i did was run a full benchmark on my old class 2 that my evo came with (3mb/s write and 1mb/s read)and then on the new card, the new one came in at 6mb/s read and write.

and what is the first thing i did to test real world use? I recorded a 5 minute long video on 720p resolution, and then played back over hdmi to my tv. and i finally had no jitter during playback (still a little dark though).

My quadrant score also went up past 1146 (before the new card it was around 1000).

Advertisement
  2. PUREADDICT

PUREADDICT Member

Thanks for lettings us know. Are the Class 6 SD cards more expensive?

3. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

I got the same card for about $76 and it's making a big difference in recording 720p. It's well worth the price. Now I'm waiting for 32GB Class 6's but don't want to have to take out a small bank loan. :)

4. Wile-E

Wile-E Active Member

I got an RiData 16 GB Class 6 from Newegg for $50. I've been using it for a few weeks and can see an improvement.

5. Ramzes13

Ramzes13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i got mine on ebay for 29.99 bin plus 8 shipping, came from ny (im in nj so it didnt take more than 3 days), just happy it didnt come from china (i dont like waiting for a product that might be a knock-off). Im happy to see others have had postive results.

6. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

class 6 or higher is a must... imho

it has to help in many ways..
    think about app2sd.

but be careful with marginally bad sd cards.. they cause a lot of gremlins in your phone.