Discussion in 'Alpha & Beta Testing' started by plbelanger, Jun 16, 2011.
New review up at appstorm:
Classic Notes: Taking All-in-One to a New Level | Android.AppStorm
I've uploaded a bug fix for a couple of various bits of extras>conversions were force closing.
Review up at AndroidGuys:
Review: Classic Notes for Android AndroidGuys
Filling some user requests....
* Severe weather alerts added in extras
* The ability to link one note to another. Useful if for instance you'd like to link a reference note to something else.
New review up from android-apps:
Classic Notes Lite + App Box Android App Review - Android Apps - Best Android Apps, News and Reviews | Android-Apps.com
Anyone know of a good lyrics API?
App of the Day @ Gizmodo yesterday
Classic Notes + App Box for Android: Like a Better iPhone Notes App for Your Android Phone
New update posted filling some more user requests....
* You can now sort by "notes only" or "todos only" via menu>sort
* You can now send notes to pastebin by viewing a note and hitting menu>pastebin
* Revert to initial note state. As the name implies you can now revert to the initial state of the note via menu>revert to initial state
* Tweaks & bugfixes
* You can now share individual sketches, photos, files, audio, and video by clicking the item within a note and selecting "share"
* Bug fixes with audio recorder on older devices.
* Audio recorder now uses AMR and has a recognizable extension in file managers.
* Made an option in the note menu to send notes to Google Docs, Dropbox etc. Just specify the desired name and send.
* Revert note to intial state option added
If anyone wants to leave a rating, the app was reviewed on appolicious:
Classic Notes Lite + App Box - Android app from Fluffy Delusions | Appolicious Android App Directory
I've got a few e-mails regarding an alternate place to download so I'm posting on getjar. Someone actually already got a hold of my apk and uploaded a copy to that site sometime ago. Not sure who but it's definitely not a recent copy and I contacted the site regarding it. I'll post back when the copy goes live. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about it.
Just to post an update because I've had so many e-mails regarding folder support. Just to let everyone know it will be in the next update. I got a big majority of it done today
Updated released with the following:
* Folder support added
* Folder sort options include alpha, last accessed, newest, oldest
* Rename and delete folder options available in context menu
Please e-mail me or respond to this thread if you have any problems, suggestions, etc. Thanks!
New review up at droiddog if anyone wants to check it out:
App Review: Classic Note Lite
New update released:
* Private folders added
* Fixed issue when creating a new note in a folder it didn't default to that folder
Classic notes is in the "hot today" list at Appbrain!
Classic Notes Lite + App Box | AppBrain Android Market
New article up at lifehacker about classic notes:
Classic Notes is a Simple Note-Taking App for Android, Plus More Tiny Utilities Than You'll Know What to Do With
New update released:
* You now have the option to create sketch only notes rather than attaching them
* Context menu and titlebar buttons added to sketch notes
* Per several requests an insert timestamp feature has been added to notes.
Please don't forget to rate if you haven't already
* Audio pronunciations added - Download audio pronunciations of words
* Syllables - find the syllables and number of in a word
A video review has been posted online by AndroidAuthority/Anythingandroid. The written review will be up later this month. Here's a link to the video review:
BEST NOTE PAD APP FOR ANDROID CLASSIC NOTES - YouTube
New update posted:
* Read-only mode added. Long press a note and select read only. Using this mode will also enable clickable links such as URL's, e-mail, phone numbers etc.
* Option in settings to display creation date in main list rather than modification date
Just to keep everyone updated I'm going to try and get the following features into the next release:
* 5 words for title
* customize title
* Shortcut to folders on homescreen
* Read only by default option
* Theme / color options
New update posted:
* Shortcut to individual folders and folder listing on homescreen
- long press a folder -> Homescreen shortcut
- Hit menu -> Homescreen shortcut from the folder screen to add shortcut to entire folder listings
* Read only by default option added in settings
* Customize note title to something other than the first 3 words of main body
* Using custom titles you can also have longer titles (30 characters)
- From within a note menu -> edit title
- Leave blank to reset to default title
Any plans to add sync function to google docs?
Yes it is planned