• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Classic notes + App Box - testers wanted

Anyone care to test out the latest features before I upload to the market?

Here is what is new:
- Edit menu within notes is now more organized and structured
- Note>Edit menu>Text Utilities>Case conversions>sWITCH cASE - will switch the case of text within a note
- Note>Edit menu>Text Utilities>Escapes - URL encode/decode a note
- Note>Edit menu>Text Utilities>Word Occurrences - Shows the number of occurrences for every word in a note as well as percentage.
- Note details now contains the number of sentences as well as spaces.
- Settings>update todo and shopping list title in main view to reflect current status. Will take effect on newly created and updated todos/shopping lists. Just enter a list and hit back and it should update.

APK: Download NotesLite.apk from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Upvote 0
New update posted:

- Edit menu within notes is now more organized and structured
- Note>Edit menu>Text Utilities>Case conversions>sWITCH cASE - will switch the case of text within a note
- Note>Edit menu>Text Utilities>Escapes - URL encode/decode a note
- Note>Edit menu>Text Utilities>Word Occurrences - Shows the number of occurrences for every word in a note as well as percentage.
- Note details now contains the number of sentences as well as spaces.
- Settings>update todo and shopping list title in main view to reflect current status. Will take effect on newly created and updated todos/shopping lists. Just enter a list and hit back and it should update.
- To-dos and shopping lists now have icons for checked/unchecked items/tasks

Upvote 0
New update posted:

1) Text Utilities -> Escape/Unescape URI
2) Text Utilities -> Base64 encode/decode
3) Text Utilities -> Word occurrences will now display unique word count, lexical density, and total word count.
4) Text Utilities -> Word lengths - similiarly to word occurences this will display stats on the various word lengths used throughout the note
5) Minor bug fixes

Upvote 0
+ Extras>Text compare now allows for importing and comparing text files
+ Hotstrings - Similar to hotkeys, hotstrings are a great way of saving time for frequently used phrases and wording. To access/create a list of hotstrings, from the main menu choose the Hotstrings option then simply enter a shortcut word on the left then enter some text to the right and save. To apply a hotstring, from within a note hit the edit menu in the top left and click the hotstring on the lower bar you wish to apply.

Upvote 0
Updated with the following changes:

+ Added import text file option within a note. This will append a files contents to an existing note.
+ You can now perform a search based on word length within a note.
+ Reverse string option added to text utilities
+ Added alignment options within a note - left, center, right. Can be found in text utilities.
+ Text utilties>URL extractor. This will extract all URLs from a given note and display them for easy clicking. Useful when not in read-only mode.
+ Multi-word search. Search for multiple words in one go and hilight them.
+ Minor tweaks here and there :p

Upvote 0
PLBelanger, I'm new to Samsung Galaxy S3. I really like the iPhone default Notes. Once I opened the SGS3 default S_??? I didn't like it. You can only create one page at a time. Blah!

Downloaded your Classic Notes. It was the same if not worse. However after reading your thread it sounds like your app can do a lot.

The Classic Notes I downloaded was free. Do you have a Classic Notes that I have to purchase, but a much better App then the free version?

I have one week left before I can turn my phone back in. So far I had 3 or 4 issues with the SGS3 and notes is one of them. I need the notes to create daily To Do lists, Prayer List etc. I also need it to have the ability to be more than one page or automatically switch to the next page while I'm inputting info.

I want to give the Phone and Your App a fair chance before giving up on it.

Where can I get a copy of the Manual for your App?

Thank you, and hope your App is successful.

Upvote 0
PLBelanger, I'm new to Samsung Galaxy S3. I really like the iPhone default Notes. Once I opened the SGS3 default S_??? I didn't like it. You can only create one page at a time. Blah!

Downloaded your Classic Notes. It was the same if not worse. However after reading your thread it sounds like your app can do a lot.

The Classic Notes I downloaded was free. Do you have a Classic Notes that I have to purchase, but a much better App then the free version?

I have one week left before I can turn my phone back in. So far I had 3 or 4 issues with the SGS3 and notes is one of them. I need the notes to create daily To Do lists, Prayer List etc. I also need it to have the ability to be more than one page or automatically switch to the next page while I'm inputting info.

I want to give the Phone and Your App a fair chance before giving up on it.

Where can I get a copy of the Manual for your App?

Thank you, and hope your App is successful.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by only one note at a time. Can you explain?

Upvote 0
Updated with the following changes:

- Zar added to currency preference (request)
- Cut at width option added in text utilities - Will cut every line of text in a note at the specified width
- Split pane option added. Open 2 notes/files in a single view. Nice for comparison or reference. Can also highlight differences between the two texts. Both views can be saved. Can be accessed from the note edit menu.
- Option added to place cursor position at either the beginning or end of a note when opening.
- Bug fixes

Upvote 0
Updated:
- Added option for hotstrings to be placed at cursor position as opposed to mass replacement of the shortcut word (though that is still there if you like that method)
- Added split-pane clone option. This will simply copy the current note into the split-pane.
- Added a help dialog for hotstrings (top right) in case anyone is unsure of what it actually is lol.
- Hotstrings can now be access from the "new" menu

Upvote 0
PL Belanger, Two statements. When I use the Note Classic with a long note, the page refreshes back to the beginning and the keyboard pops up every time. Sometimes I like to view my list whether it's a Christmas List, Prayer List or Shopping list.

If I'm shopping, look at the list the keyboard pops up. While I'm still shopping and the screen goes blank, and I need to look at the list again as I pick items off the shelf, the screen comes back with the keyboard instead of just the list. Is there a way to have only the list come back until I hit edit. Then the Keyboard should come back.

Question 2). I notice on the freebee app, there's an Advertisement. Is that from you or Samsung? If it's from you, how much do you charge to advertise? Paul

Upvote 0
PL Belanger, Two statements. When I use the Note Classic with a long note, the page refreshes back to the beginning and the keyboard pops up every time. Sometimes I like to view my list whether it's a Christmas List, Prayer List or Shopping list.

If I'm shopping, look at the list the keyboard pops up. While I'm still shopping and the screen goes blank, and I need to look at the list again as I pick items off the shelf, the screen comes back with the keyboard instead of just the list. Is there a way to have only the list come back until I hit edit. Then the Keyboard should come back.

Question 2). I notice on the freebee app, there's an Advertisement. Is that from you or Samsung? If it's from you, how much do you charge to advertise? Paul

OK, I will look into the issue. As for the ad, that is from me but it's not me who charges but rather Google :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones