1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Classic sms mode

Last Updated:

1. exit(-1)

exit(-1) New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm using Android 1.6 with its standard sms software.

Unfortunately everytime I send or receive a sms, the message is put into a conversation.

How can I disable this conversation mode and enable the classic sms mode?

Advertisement
  2. stearic

stearic Well-Known Member

why would you want it to go to classic mode? That's the whole point of a smartphone, to have such nice things as sms setup like a IM conversation

3. exit(-1)

exit(-1) New Member This Topic's Starter

I think the point of a smartphone is to have many opportunities, unlike with a usual cell phone where you can only set some standard settings and that's it.
    On a smartphone I can install many helpful apps, I have many settings...

One of these opportunities should be to switch sms mode to classic mode...

Another reason: I don't like this conversation mode. When I want to use an IM chat, I run an IM application.
    But I find it annoying when all my sms from and to one person are combined in an IM-like conversation field.

This is why I want to turn this off.

4. freqhuntr

freqhuntr New Member

Has anyone come up with an answer this question. I too hate conversation mode and would like to turn it off. I wish I could turn it off in gmail also.

5. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

There is no answer or solution to this problem unfortunately. At least until someone decides to code an app like that.

6. awiserbud

awiserbud Member

I have to agree i find this conversation mode really annoying, esspecially when you have multiple texts from different people, it means texts often get missed because they are not displayed in "recieved" style, ie: the most recent recieved texts first.
    if this was the case, as with every other phone i have had, including smart phones (xperia X1) you could easily scroll through all your recent recieved texts instead of having to search for them by contact name.
    I cant believe no-one has developed an app to deal with this?

7. thepinkc

thepinkc Well-Known Member

When I get multiple texts from different people, it shows in bold each conversation with new texts from newest to oldest. Then I can click on a conversation and read the new messages. This is how it worked in 1.5 and 2.1. I'm not rooted.

I am not aware of a way to unthread conversations, yet, but I am sure if you post a request for a developer to make one, someone will figure it out.