1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

clean files & folderGeneral

1. Ra.One

Ra.One Member

i had installed many apps & games on my mobile but many off them i had uninstalled but i find some apps & games folder still on my mobile is their any software which can clean all that files & folder.

Advertisement
  2. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

For you to notice these files/folders, you must be using the "my files" icon in the app drawer or windows itself, so just navigate around with either and if using "my files" long-press the files/folders you no longer want and press delete. if using windows explorer, right-click and delete.
    Ra.One likes this.
  3. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

There's an app called sd maid but you have to be rooted to use it. It seems to work well on hidden files that you can't find with my files but for some reason it seems to miss the reapply obvious stuff.
    Sydney99 likes this.
  4. Sydney99

Sydney99 Well-Known Member

does this or any other app have a feature like you get on windows, that will recognise and clean up unused files???
  5. Shotgun84

Yeah, it calls unused files corpses and can find and remove them. As I said it seems to work on hidden files but it doesn't seem to recognise that there is a folder in my files containing data for an app that I know I've deleted. Which I suppose isn't too much of a problem as these are easy enough to delete manually.
    Sydney99 likes this.
  6. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Sounds like s very dangerous thing to me.
    I'd much rather go through myself and delete what I want to be deleted
  7. Sydney99

presumeably no developer would create an app that will delete important system files......

and if anything else gets scrubbed then presumably the old nadroid backup would bail you out.

but i get what you mean hawker, it kinda makes me a tad nervous. on my PC the cleanup thingy always tries to delete stuff i need/want!

shotgun - does it give you a list of files it's going to delete and ask for confirmation first?
  8. Shotgun84

Yes it does. First you have to search for the corpses then you get given a list which you can long press on anything on there to get more info. You can then delete all of them or just the ones you want to.
  9. Shotgun84

To be honest I'm not sure how accurate it is. I hadn't used it for a while so I just gave it a go to see what it came up with and I only got 3 results. However I know that the gs2 automatically puts unused files in a folder called lost.dir on your sd card on every boot up. Just checked this folder and it has loads of things in it. So it may just be easier to delete the contents of this folder every so often.
    Ra.One and Sydney99 like this.
  10. Sydney99

that's a great tip
  11. Ra.One

Ra.One Member

i have already done this but their are many more folders which i am not sure that they are system files or not.
  12. Ra.One

Ra.One Member

is it safe to delete all files in that folder?
  13. Shotgun84

Ra.One likes this.
  14. Shotgun84

While on the topic its also safe to delete the lazy list folder. I'm not too sure what keeps creating it but delete away as it just contains pointless crap which has no effect on how your phone runs.