• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Clean Master app?

highjakker

Android Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2011
Virginia baby!!!
yesterday i was on my son's tablet (galaxy tab) and a window popped up warning us that there may be some viral apps downloaded and recommended using an app cleaner. so i browsed the play store and downloaded Clean Master and installed it and let it do its thing. so i thought, why not put it on my S3? is this a wise choice? will it help or hurt? i'm not too phone savvy and i let it do its thing on my phone. any advice?

It wont hurt. I think you can use it to clear the app cache(?) which is a good thing but id look into what caused the popup on the tab. There arent really any android viruses so it might have been an app trying to spam you into buying something.
Try running this app and see what it comes up with https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout.addetector

Reactions: highjakker
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones