• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root clean rom please

hi all,
question from a android noob, i have just brought a unlocked legend, but it was on vodafone, is there any way i can flash a clean htc 2.1 rom without the vodafone splash screen and things (im using orange), also is there a network wizard app so it will set up my gprs and mms setting.

thanks guys, im looking forward to my android trip, i got bored with symbian and windows mobile is a joke.:)

hi all,
question from a android noob, i have just brought a unlocked legend, but it was on vodafone, is there any way i can flash a clean htc 2.1 rom without the vodafone splash screen and things (im using orange), also is there a network wizard app so it will set up my gprs and mms setting.

thanks guys, im looking forward to my android trip, i got bored with symbian and windows mobile is a joke.:)

Firstly, create a Goldcard
How To: Create a Goldcard | The Unlockr

Secondly, download an unbranded ROM from here, and run the RUU using the GoldCard.
http://www.shipped-roms.com/shipped...6.35.04_7.05.35.26L_release_123853_signed.exe

Upvote 0
Firstly, create a Goldcard
How To: Create a Goldcard | The Unlockr

Secondly, download an unbranded ROM from here, and run the RUU using the GoldCard.
Shipped ROMs

This may be a stupid question but just haw do I 'use' the goldcard?
turned my phone on with the goldcard inserted connected my phone to my PC with the USB cable and ran the RUU - failure :-(
Do i need to boot the phone in a special way?

Please Help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones