• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Clean Screen

surveyor

Oct 26, 2010
I am expecting my ordered screen protector to arrive shortly.
1. What is the best way of cleaning any marks off the screen before affixing the screen protector?
2. What is recommended method of fixing the protector?
3. Does the use of this affect the ease of using the touch screen?

All will depend on the screen protector you bought. As for cleaning use a microfiber cloth.

My personal advise is not to use a screen protector with capacitive screens.

I have yet to notice any issues with a screen protector on my EVO's capacitive screen. in fact, it's still so sensitive that my finger proximity (without touching) will cause a detection.

Reactions: surveyor
Upvote 0
I am expecting my ordered screen protector to arrive shortly.
1. What is the best way of cleaning any marks off the screen before affixing the screen protector?

2. What is recommended method of fixing the protector?

3. Does the use of this affect the ease of using the touch screen?

1. Depending on what brand you ordered it should come with all you need to make sure the screen is clean, if not a microfiber cloth usually works fine.

2. The screen protector I bought came with pretty nice instructions and installation was a snap.. First try it went down perfectly.

3. I have not noticed any difference with the screen protector in place. Sensitivity seems exactly the same to me personally. I wanted a screen protector so I can just swipe the screen clean with my shirt, a rag - whatever and not worry about scratching my actual screen. It does the job

Reactions: surveyor
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones