clean screen

1. stopint

stopint Member

what are you using to clean the screen?...prints build up quick...

Advertisement
    :
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I just spray some glass cleaner on it and wipe it dry with a handkerchief. Yeah, it IS a fingerprint magnet :rolleyes:
  3. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

I use my saliva. jk. I use a product called ikleen. Works great and it reduces fingerprints.
  4. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

i like to use the wet-naps you get from wing joints. luckily i own a sports bar, so i have easy access, but using one of those followed by the included microfiber cloth works extremely well.
  5. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

I vote this best post of the day :)

Sports bar
    Wings
    Goodness
    SolidOrange likes this.
  6. watersrules

watersrules Well-Known Member

I've been using a generic microfiber cloth I picked up at OfficeMax. Works pretty well too.
  7. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Yeah you had me at "sports bar". LOL.
  8. Aardvark1971

Aardvark1971 Well-Known Member

I have read that quite a few people use RainX, does anyone do that here? Also if not off topic, screen protectors, again anyone use them and possibly recommended brands? Thanks! :)
  9. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

rainx will work, instructions here:
    Fingerprint problem solved (mostly) - xda-developers

if you want a screen protector, i would go this route:
    Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Screen Protector Shield for Viewsonic G Tablet + LIFETIME REPLACEMENTS: Electronics

i personally do not use either, but have heard good things about both.
    Aardvark1971 likes this.
  10. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

I have a TechSkin on the way. I'll report back on whether it makes any difference in terms of fingerprints. The generic screen protector I put on my phone seems to actually make the fingerprint issue worse.
    Aardvark1971 likes this.
  11. Aardvark1971

Aardvark1971 Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone is interested in being this ummm... protective of their screen, but I've actually just used, Rainx, 2 coats and then 2 coats of Nu Finish car polish (That once a year stuff, in an orange bottle), and still it doesn't stop finger prints, but makes it limits them and makes it very easy to clean!

I'd be very careful if trying this, try and keep it away from the plastic surrounds of the screen, Nu Finish isn't supposed to play nice, but doesn't seem to distort anything, plastic or glass, I do make sure ALL of it is remove from any plastic it touches though.

Still have to add try this at your own risk, been on for a couple of days on mine and seems fine! :) Hope this helps! :)
  12. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

I've had the Skinomi skin on my G-Tab for a few days now, and I'm actually pretty impressed with how well it resists fingerprints. It also seems to improve viewing angles a little bit too, which is odd.
    Aardvark1971 likes this.