Cleaning the earpiece speaker grillGeneral

1. danielkeyes45

danielkeyes45 Active Member

Any suggestions on how to clean the speaker grill right above the MOTOROLA branding on the front of the phone?

Looks like there is something in the grill, but nothing that can be grabbed like lint or larger particles.

Thanks for your suggestions

Advertisement
    :
  2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Have you tried compressed air?
    danielkeyes45 likes this.
  3. rcsrich

rcsrich Well-Known Member

That would be my suggestion as well...
  4. danielkeyes45

danielkeyes45 Active Member

Thanks for the suggestions. My only worry is that the air will blow the stuff farther into the speaker.

I try it and see how it goes.
  5. buckhead

buckhead Well-Known Member

Try blowing over the top of the holes first. See if that pulls it out. Otherwise be careful with the compressed air. Don't blow full blast directly into the holes. That might do some damage to the speaker.
  6. chilz

chilz Well-Known Member

it will DAMAGE the speaker no compressed air use a shop-vac and hold it about 1 foot away it works great and no damage
  7. buckhead

buckhead Well-Known Member

That must be a hell of a shop vac to suck the dirt out from a foot away. Better have a good grip on the phone. lol. I'm sure you meant 1 inch away.

Canned air would probably work for compressed air.
  8. rcsrich

rcsrich Well-Known Member

Yeah- that's what I meant to suggest too- a blast from a compressor would certainly have the potential to damage the speaker, but canned air should be pretty safe...
  9. chilz

chilz Well-Known Member

canned air was my triumph number 4 replacement reason and yes i meant 1 inch