Cleaning the screen with windex?General

Last Updated:

1. ryanx27

ryanx27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The manual doesnt give any guidance on what can/cannot be used to clean fingerprints etc off of the screen.

Since is is glass, could I spray a bit of windex on a paper towel and clean the screen with it?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Well-Known Member

I would use a microfiber cloth only.

3. DenverRalphy

DenverRalphy Well-Known Member

You can. However I prefer to keep a pack of Screen Wipes. They're cheap, and I use them on my phone, laptop, desktop monitor, etc..

4. ryanx27

ryanx27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a phantomskinz screen protector coming in the mail, so it will be a moot point soon...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

5. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Well-Known Member

tiny bit of Vinegar windex should be ok but the blue ammonia windex is a bad idea to put near plastics.

Don't use paper towels or anything made from wood fiber, they cause scratches. Microfiber is what you need.

6. CarlGustav

CarlGustav Member

The screen has an oleophobic anti fingerprint coating. A microfiber cloth will work just fine. You shouldn't need windex or anything like that

7. deanq4

deanq4 Member

I send mine through the dishwasher nightly to keep it clean. Works so far in keeping it clean, and when I get it powered up again i'm sure the screen will look nice too :)

For faster cleaning I use the cleaner I use on my glasses with a lint free cloth. An old t-shirt works as well... new ones do too, but it can be a pain to explain to the people at Target what you are doing (they must be iPhone people and don't get it)

8. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I jsut use my breath :D then follow with my shirt for daily screen cleansing. Every 2 weeks or so I put a little windex on a cotton cloth and wipe it down.