1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support cleaning UNDER the camera lens cover

1. Zach59CTD

Zach59CTD Member

hey guys, anyone know how to get UNDER the camera lens cover and clean that out. ive had some kind of small string or piece of debris in there thats been seen in every picture i take since about aug 1. ive seen it only once with my naked eye looking into the camera, but i see it in every picture i take. let me see if i can pull up a picture that has it obviously shown and see if you guys know a way i can get under that to clean it.

Here's a picture. You can clearly see the somewhat V shaped pink/purple piece of debris that's been there for far too long.

I added a second photo taken in panoramic view (phone sideways) and you can see this debris again clearly in the water as well as snow in first picture.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

The camera is supposed to be a sealed unit. On the assumption that you haven't got anything stuck to the lens (you did remove the almost invisible plastic covering that most of us didn't even notice until someone here pointed out it was there didn't you?) I don't think you are going to be able to do anything about this yourself.

Time to take the phone back to whoever you bought if from I suspect.
  3. MYKEL61

MYKEL61 Well-Known Member

I was just going to suggest double checking for the plastic film that covers the lens. I had a hard time seeing it, but once I did and removed it, it had all kinds of dust/lint on it. Its is hard to see. Its a small round plastic film. You may need a needle or something to get it removed.
  4. Zach59CTD

Zach59CTD Member

That's supposed to come off? I've tried removing it before and it felt like hard plastic. As if it's meant to stay on there. I saw it on there since day 1
  5. Zach59CTD

Zach59CTD Member

Ok well I got it off. Same result. Whatever is under the lens cover is still there haha
  6. MYKEL61

Yes, its a hard plastic circle. I too didnt realize it came off.. LOL. It is sticky so dust sticks to it. Solved my issue.
  7. MYKEL61

Sorry to hear that Zach.. It solved the spot issue for me.
  8. Zach59CTD

Zach59CTD Member

Oh well. Maybe I need to stop in Verizon.