Cleaning up a really messed up contacts listSupport

1. tcfulmer

tcfulmer Active Member

Just switched my wife from a Samsung Instinct S30 to an Evo. Moved her contacts over via bluetooth. What I didn't know is that she has a completely disorganized contact list. Multiple listings for each person. A different contact name for each different kind of phone number. For example, Cell Jane Smith, Home Jane Smith, Work Jane Smith, etc.

I am trying to figure out the easiest way to combine them all into single contacts like they should be which brings up a few questions.

If I export to a .vcf file, I could import that into her google account that currently has no contacts. If I then delete the contacts out of her phone and then import from google will she lose any of the data that was given to google?

Is there a way to export as .vcf, edit the file, delete existing contacts and then import not using google?

Advertisement
  2. RestivoBC

RestivoBC Well-Known Member

I would import all the contacts to your Gmail, organize them there, then the EVO will sync with those contacts.

If you import directly to the phone, I don't think they will be "Google" contacts, they just get saved to the phone.