Cleaning your Phone?Support

Last Updated:

1. Heelfan71

Heelfan71 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I imagine everyone else gets dust and crud around that tiny space around the screen edges. Also around the red ear piece. Any tips on cleaning these areas?? I tried some compressed air but didn't get it all out.

Advertisement
  2. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

I haven't cleaned mine yet but now that I'm looking at it, it could use a bath. Thanks a lot, Heelfan!!! Now I have something else to obsess over!!! J/K

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Tape and compressed air are the only options I could think of, but yes, it bugs me too..

4. MooN

MooN Well-Known Member

Toothbrush?

5. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

Get some electronic wipes. They are great for removing the dust that gets caught around the earpiece.

6. TKollman88

TKollman88 Well-Known Member

I usually just through mine in the dishwasher. Make sure you take the battery out though, don't want to ruin your phone!

7. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

You guys must be pocketing your phones. Mine is as squeaky clean as the day I bought it and I work in a 30,000 square foot tool shop with lots of sawdust. Most I ever get from keeping in my holster is some dust settled above the camera lens which I subsequently blow off a couple times a day with my mouth.

8. TheLurg1687

TheLurg1687 Well-Known Member

Ya sme here...fail. went to the beach and got sand EVERYWHERE... and I can't seem to get it out..any help? And it got scratched..tempting to return it heh.

Any ideas on what to do with the phone at the beach? Put it in a plastic bag?

9. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

I'm heading to the beach in two weeks and I was pondering the same thought....what to do with the Inc? I'm probably just going to shut it off and put it in the glove box. I would think differently if I had the Otterbox Defender case but we all know that hasn't happened yet.

10. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

I used compressed air, it works perfect on the crevices, but I got dust in the screen by blowing the compressed air into the red ear piece and that's what I think caused dust in my screen. SO be careful with the compressed air, perfect for the the credvices around the phone screen, but IMO sucks using it in the ear piece.

11. TheLurg1687

TheLurg1687 Well-Known Member

Ya but compressed air doesbt get rid of small sand particals... sadly

12. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Get out your old phone, probably an LG or some such piece of junk, turn off your DI, do a *228 option 1 to program and bring that one along. Reverse it when you get home. Do not bring that gorgeous DI onto the beach!!

13. GrandMasterB

CatsTide turned me on to this yesterday. Got one and he loves it.

Over-Board - Waterproof Bags and Cases

Be VERY careful with compressed air, super easy to blow the speaker or earpiece or force dust behind the screen like you said. I would avoid compressed air if it were me.

14. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

funny you mentioned that. We went to REI and selected a waterproof bag for our phones for when we are on a boat or at the beach this summer.

15. Kushtronics

Kushtronics Active Member

[​IMG]

Is this not normal?

16. GrandMasterB

^That is truly the only way to get all the sand out. :D

17. Heelfan71

Heelfan71 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yep, I carry mine in my pocket. :cool:

18. Dex

Dex Well-Known Member

You did this to yourself, sir. =P

I've got a huge box of damp wipes that used for cleaning glasses. They are pretty good about getting dust and cleaning the screen, too. That on top of my microfiber cloth seem to really keep the phone clean.

19. GrandMasterB

I know. I backtracked and debated the best way to say that but thats the best I could come up with. LMAO Thanks for noticing. ;)

20. undeclared

undeclared Member

two things
    first ziplock bag for the beach. i have a zagg on the front of my DI and the bag stuck nicely to it and i could still use the touch screen and hear the speaker while it was safe and sound sealed away in the bag.

second i ordered a microfiber "gadget bag" from zagg when i got my screen protector and i keep the DI in that. may be a little obsessive but it still perfect as the day it came out the box no dust collection just wipe off the face grease every once in a while plus the bag was only five bucks before i used the 40% discount code lol