• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

grm2012

Lurker
Oct 12, 2012
Sorry everyone... I can't seem to find an answer to this question and I can't believe I'm the only one having this issue.

I need to clear browser cache. I have a mobile site I'm trying to test and can't get it to appear on my Galaxy Prevail. Other people have told me it works, but I can't see it. My phone is defaulting to the regular website.

I have cleared all the cache buttons I can find and all I've managed to do is clear my ringtone. General instructions to do this say the button is on my "Privacy" option, but the only option I have there is a reset to factory.

Where is the button to do this on a Galaxy Prevail? I have spent hours on this and I'm really frustrated. :(

Hi,

a little more info would be great.

1. Are you rooted ?
1a. If so, what ROM are you running ?
2. What browser are you using ?
3. Have you tried to install a different browser from the Market and tried if it works ?
( good choices would be : Dolphin Browser, Boat-mini Browser, Maxton Browser, Opera or Firefox )
4. Have you tried to access this web site from your Desktop browser ?

My suggestion would be to try different browsers !!!

Upvote 0
Well - I have no idea if I'm "rooted." All I know is that I immediately ran out of space and can't dl any new apps and I can't clear the f****** cache!!

I'm using the default Google search on the main menu. I guess you're right... if I use a different browser the cache would already be "empty?"

Sooooo frustrated!

Upvote 0
Well, it seems like you are NOT rooted. See, the Prevail unrooted is like a VW bug..... but the Prevail rooted is like a Ferrari ! ;) ( well maybe not that fast !! LOL )

I would suggest you go to :

[GUIDE][CTmod] Rooting the Prevail for Dummies (written by a dummy)

Follow the instructions and root your phone. It's easy and safe and your big problem with running out of space would be gone.
To start with, I'd root with the FE16 baseband and CTMod3.68 ROM..... and than put the phone in DATA mode. Later on, you can change to different ROM's if you like. Just follow the "Dummie Guide", and you'll be back in business with a much better phone !

And if you have any problems or questions, just post them in the "All Things Root" section and lots of friendly people can help you ! :)

Reactions: grm2012
Upvote 0
He doesn't need to root to clear cache.
Stop trying to make people root just to make them root.
There's two ways to clear the browser.
1 is open the browser hit the 1st button on the left of the phone (not on screen but the home, back and search button. Aka the options button) and head to settings. Go ahead and clear cache. There's password cache data cache and other caches. Idk which you would need to clear.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones