• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help clear memory

What does clear memory mean ?

When I click active applications and click ram it says ram management then says 'clearing ram would finish some of the running applications save date before you clear ram'

What does this mean if I click it what exactly will it do to my phone? :):):):):):):)

P.S I haven't clicked it yet LOL

Hello Candice.

"Active Applications" in an app such as a task killer? If so, it's likely giving you advice to just clean your RAM out.

But I'll be honest, I've had several Android devices and many apps/widgest, and never have seen a prompt to "clear RAM." I have seen cache cleaning prompts, though.

Upvote 0
Hello Candice.

"Active Applications" in an app such as a task killer? If so, it's likely giving you advice to just clean your RAM out.

But I'll be honest, I've had several Android devices and many apps/widgest, and never have seen a prompt to "clear RAM." I have seen cache cleaning prompts, though.

Thanks Frisco for the advice also while your talking to me I have one final question for you to answer :

I downloaded an app called mp3 download to download music on my phone but when I download them they go onto my internal memory do you know if you can transfer them over to my SD card to save memory thanks for your time x :):):):):):):):):):):p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones