Clear Navigation History?

Last Updated: 2012-11-16 22:10:56
  1. Mayhem

Mayhem Well-Known Member Contributor

So I got my Ally on Thursday and have been messing around with the features. One thing I've found is that I cannot clear the Navigation history.

I've searched google and read several threads that mention going into Manage Applications, then clicking on Maps and clearing the cache there.

The problem is, I did that and the address under Recent Destinations still displays. :(

I'm running Froyo.

Does anyone know how to successfully clear this?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Goonie21

Goonie21 Well-Known Member

How are you running froyo on an ally?

you can use history eraser or if your rooted cachemate for root users
  3. skater95

skater95 Well-Known Member

Boot into recovery, and clear cache partition. I'm not sure if that's doing it, but that's the only thing I can think of.
  4. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

There is no way you are running Froyo?
  5. Mayhem

Mayhem Well-Known Member Contributor

Hm. Well, I thought it was Froyo. When I first got it, I went into System Update. The OS showed as 2.1 and it said there was an update available. I could swear it said 2.2.

I looked on the phone just now and don't see anything about an OS version.
  6. Goonie21

Goonie21 Well-Known Member

Settings

about phone

Firmware version.
  7. PhatBoySlim

PhatBoySlim New Member

This is a easy fix for the EVO running 2.2 Go to menu - settings - applications - manage applications. scroll to MAPS and select (clear data) Thats it guys enjoy your android :)
    greenie68 and p saenz like this.
  8. Johnny Langton

Johnny Langton Well-Known Member

And how does this help someone with an LG Ally?
    JL
  9. GRZLA

GRZLA Well-Known Member

Because thats exactly how you would do it on any phone running android.
  10. Johnny Langton

You're assuming.
    That does NOT work on an LG Ally.
    JL
  11. GRZLA

GRZLA Well-Known Member

I'm not assuming, I have my Ally in my hand right now and thats exactly how it is done across the entire android platform. Clearing the cache for the actual turn by turn navigation is another story though, as it is not listed in the Manage Applications portion of the settings.
  12. Johnny Langton

I have Maps version 5014 on my Ally, and the "clear data" option you're speaking of does NOT exist in the manage apps screen under Maps.
    JL
  13. darkxsun

darkxsun Well-Known Member

Strange, it's there for me with version 5014... did you change the filter to show all apps? If clear data is grey'd out, I believe that means you've already cleared it but other than that, I can't think of any reason it wouldn't be there...
  14. Johnny Langton

Yes, I show all apps in the filter.
    There is no option to "clear data" in the Maps app window-the tab or option is not even there. "Clear cache" is, but it's grayed out.The navigation has data cached-I can see it when I launch the navigation app-previous locations are listed-several of them.
    JL
  15. greenie68

greenie68 New Member

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH ! I could NOT FIGURE IT OUT & it has been a HUGE source of trouble for me (hubby searches it to see where I have been....SH** ! It's CHRISTMAS ! Jeez ! ) Thank you !
  16. Jared631

Jared631 Well-Known Member

Interesting, the option should be there...