1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Clear Recent Destinations in Google Navigator

1. Yosef

Yosef Well-Known Member

Is there a way to clear the "Recent Destinations" from showing up in Google Navigator? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Good question... Tried it and I think there might not be a way...

Other than uninstalling and reinstalling Google maps...
    Pain in the butt, but worth it if you really need to hide where you've been:eek:
  3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Like CableGuy, I couldn't find any way to remove the history. I even looked through the data on the SD card to see if there was anything obvious there (nope).
    And like CableGuy I wondered what Yosef was hiding... I'm sure we both owe Yosef an apology! :)
  4. leebsammy

leebsammy Well-Known Member

Someones girlfriend is going to be pissed lol
  5. rycheme

rycheme Well-Known Member

Try using HistoryEraser from the Market. Go to Google Apps and select GoogleMap search histories.
  6. Yosef

Yosef Well-Known Member

I tried it, but it doesn't work to remove the Recent Destinations.
  7. rycheme

rycheme Well-Known Member

Hmm... well, it was worth a shot anyway :)
  8. sjackjr

sjackjr New Member

Tried it (by accident, as I'm a newbie) but it worked.
    1. Settings
    2. Applications
    3. Manage Applications
    4. Select Filter
    5. Select All
    6. Select "Maps" application. It will show the following
    Total xxx MB
    Application XXX MB
    Data xxxMB if it is other than 0 this is your recent destinations
    7. To clear recent destinations, select "clear data" button.

Good luck. Let me know if it worked for you.
    manlost, PiedType, dkonsplice and 6 others like this.
  9. Rossco_Pee

Rossco_Pee Well-Known Member

Excellent find! Never thought of doing this!
    fillwell likes this.
  10. edrrose

edrrose New Member

Thanks worked like a charm. Edrrose
  11. fillwell

fillwell New Member

That's great. But it doesn't just remove the most recent destination, it takes them all out. But it's still better than having several accidental destinations cluttering up the list that were inserted during my search for the right place

I hope that the release 1.0 version gives the option to 1) rename destinations to something meaningful (eg Bloggs Computers instead of 27 High street) and to delete individual destinations.
  12. quangvnguyen1

quangvnguyen1 New Member

I did it long time ago but it erased all destinations. how to erase only one destination?? thank you all
  13. nastydawg1

nastydawg1 New Member

New member from TEXAS!!!!
  14. nastydawg1

nastydawg1 New Member

"thanks it worked"
  15. Darryl

Darryl Member

Well this looks great but with ICS you do not get applications, manage applications etc ???? any help would be greatly appreciated I am using a Droid Razr Maxx
  16. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Darryl,

I haven't used ICS myself, so perhaps you would be better off asking the question outright in the Razr forum here? (This is the forum for the HTC Droid Eris, a quite old phone...)

Motorola Droid RAZR / RAZR MAXX - Android Forums

Create a new thread that asks the question, "Is there a way to clear the "Recent Destinations" from showing up in Google Navigator on ICS?".
  17. Kozmyk

Kozmyk New Member

Yes you do.
    From Desktop
    Settings/Applications/All > scroll to Maps > clear data
    You can retrieve your Starred saves from the cloud (i.e. Google saves them for you)

Alternative method to remove unwanted recent destinations, add more destinations until the offending ones are pushed off the bottom of the list.
    There are only 10 slots.
  18. TJ3

TJ3 New Member

Yes, go to settings, apps, maps, then clear data. Just takes a sec
  19. Trasd

Trasd New Member

For those asking how to remove individual, Recent search location history entries, go here: https://history.google.com/history/

You may need to use the desktop User Agent (UA) for this to work or to filter for just map search locations (these are what show up under Recent). If you cannot switch to desktop UA, do a search for 'delete recent history' (or something like that, I forget) from the page's search text-box.

If you hit settings from this page, you can delete ALL Google search history as well. Be aware, this is not the same as browser history, Google keeps this information in the cloud. This way, it's the same on all computers.
  20. mickm

mickm New Member

Hello from PA. Many thanks for this post. I'm almost 56 yrs old and just got 1st cell ph last week. Kind of a luddite but catch on fairly quick once I make the leap. Those recent destinations just bugged me for some reason, sort of just crowding up the screen, -5 for neatness:). OCD? maybe a little.

Gotta' bookmark this place 'cause I'm sure this isn't going to be my only stubbed toe. Thanks again!