Clear your cache (link)

Last Updated:

1. dhero

dhero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

Its a good tip. I also wonder, is there any app for clearing the cache? If not, you gotta wonder why there isn't yet?

3. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

Yes, there's an app. "Cache Cleaner" I believe it's called. Not sure how well it works, I haven't tried it. I don't have any problem with lag anymore

4. scottmbolt

Thanks, I'll try it out and let you know how it is. Probably not necessary for a rooted phone right? Mine isn't rooted yet, but I am highly considering it.

5. tatonka_Hero

It can still be necessary for a rooted phone. It depends on the ROM and kernel you're running. It also depends on how much you use the browser and how much you use other apps.

I only use my browser heavily a couple times a week, and more often than not I'm flashing a different ROM or a kernel, and am restarting so often that it cleans out anyway lol

6. scottmbolt

Great information, thanks!

7. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

I use cachemate and it works the best from the ones I have tried. Only catch is there are certain apps that you don't want the cache cleared, because it also cleans app info. Make sure you uncheck google maps, sprint navigation and gmail. These apps will keep resetting user info if you allow the cache to be cleared automatically.

androidtp likes this.
  8. meangreengdub

meangreengdub Well-Known Member

How is your phone set up to where you don't have lag? I've got fresh 1.1, gumbo and setcpu but I still experience some lag in the keyboard and when I open up the programs lists. A lot of the lag is if my phone has been sleeping for 10 mins or so and then I unlock it.

9. tatonka_Hero

When I was running Fresh 1.1 with Gumbo kernel, and SetCPU I had virtually no lag. Occasional hiccup when typing in handcent, but thatw as about it.

Now, I'm running AOSP 2.1 with Toastcfh kernel, and I've got minimal lag when opening and scrolling through programs. Mostly because I haven't really dug into it and cleaned out some unnecessary apk's yet, and because SetCPU doesn't work with that kernel (which I'm sure is where part of that lag is coming from...SetCPU trying to run).

10. meangreengdub

meangreengdub Well-Known Member

Ya, I seem to have the most lag when I first start typing in Handcent...you think I would have less lag typing in the stock app?

11. tatonka_Hero

You might, give it a shot.

I still use the stock app to download MMS, just out of habit lol.

Not that I can get MMS due to being on the AOSP 2.1 ROM

meangreengdub likes this.
  12. Danokan

Danokan Well-Known Member

If you use the new Dolphin 2.5 browser, when finished, hold the "back arrow" button and it gives you the option to 'clear cache and exit'