Clear your cache!!!

1. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

I noticed a reduction in lag when I cleared my cache. Just go to settings, applications, manage applications. Press menu and click "sort by size"

Clear the cache for your photo album and browser and any other large apps (1mb+). Also clear your call history every so often. (click phone, menu, call history, menu and delete all)

Combined with a daily task kill, weekly phone restart and removal of unused apps, and you should notice less lag on the phone.

Advertisement
  2. ohmaynitseric

ohmaynitseric Well-Known Member

thanks for the tip!

i did start to notice that my hero was starting to lose its performance dramatically. I figured it was from all the installing and uninstalling different apps.

This managed to reduce some lag. every bit counts =)
  3. boilerhouse

boilerhouse Active Member

Quazar

Thank you for the tip ! Clearing the cache did make quite a noticable difference in the speed of the phone, hmm wonder if there is an app for that?

Thanks again. - Best wishes - Boilerhouse:D
  4. Beauborg

Beauborg Active Member

Sounds like a great idea! :)

But what do I do next? How do I actually clear the cache?
  5. Selespeed

Selespeed Well-Known Member

Press on the required program/app and then select 'clear cache'
  6. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member

Theres an app called cachemate in the market. Its also got a widget for a one click cache clearance of many apps. It requires root access however.....
  7. gooner rich

gooner rich Member

Great tip, just cleared cache and recent call list, phone definitely runs faster now. Will be doing this every week as a matter of course now.....if i remember!
  8. gaanrowl

gaanrowl Active Member

hi cleared cache but cnt see how to clear call list.
  9. shiner-bock-beer

shiner-bock-beer Well-Known Member

Just like a computer, clearing items in your cache that have been downloaded to the phone will have to be downloaded again if you use it, or visit it again.
  10. dannywooly

dannywooly Active Member

Worked for me, definitely more responsive.
  11. ieliason

ieliason Member

What does it mean that it requires root access...is that "bad"?
  12. loubis

loubis New Member

Hi,

Personally I use quick app clean cache, it's a paid application but very useful.
    Ziani likes this.
  13. fangorn

fangorn Member

very useful tips, thanks!
  14. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Thanks, think I will try this
  15. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Since installing MoDaCo custom ROM and stopping RAMZSWAP I've noticed a huge speed increase. I didn't even need to wipe my phone :).
  16. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

It's bad if you don't know what it is. It gives you full access to your phone. This means you (and apps that require root access) can modify anything. The bad part if you don't know what you are doing you can mess up your phone.
  17. htcmanessex

htcmanessex New Member

FANTASTIC...Wouldn't even let me open a text message..found this forum..cleared the cache and call lis, VOILA..I never take the time to say thank you, though I run a site and know it's much appreciated when people say it..THANK YOU
  18. Jazziette

Jazziette Well-Known Member

I think this thread needs a boost. If more users would clear their cache more often they would have fewer problems with their phones.
    daizy and RemArcs like this.