Clearing Battery Stats

Last Updated:

1. Iczer

Iczer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What does clearing battery stats do? I'm just curious b/c I'm seeing a lot better battery life after wiping mine and it's just weird that some stats would affect it so much.

Advertisement
  2. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

Your battery was probably just reporting it was low before it truly was.

You wiped stats when you were really (under 3%) low, and then charged with the phone off, correct?

3. Iczer

Iczer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No I saw other instructions that were different. I charged until the green light was on, turned off my phone and let it charge while it was off until the green light was on again. Then booted into recovery and wiped the battery stats.

So far it's lasting a lot longer.

I had my phone off the charger for 1 1/2 hour this morning and was down to 85%. Since clearing the stats I'm down to 91% with 2hours and 57 minutes of uptime.

4. bvbull200

bvbull200 Banned

Which instructions did you see? I would like to try to get my 3000mAh battery setup properly.

5. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

which recovery do you have, in ra recover wiping bat stats is under wipe, and in clockwork i believe it is under advanced

6. bvbull200

bvbull200 Banned

I have Clockwork and I know how to actually wipe the stats. I'm looking for some tips on what battery level to do it at, how to charge the phone after, etc.

7. raul602

raul602 Member

i would like to know this as well, i had read that you clear the stats when you hit 100%.

I was at 95% waited to hit 100 then rebooted in recovery and wiped battery stats and restarted system..

was this incorrect?

8. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Well-Known Member

bvbull200 likes this.
  9. bvbull200

bvbull200 Banned

Good info. I will give that a try. I just ran my battery dead, then wiped the stats, the fully charged with the phone off. Turned on, plugged back in and charged until the green light came on, turned off and repeated. When I finally got it to stay green, I unplugged and dropped 7% in a matter of minutes, doing next to nothing on the phone (though it was awake). I will cycle to the steady green light, wipe, then go from there.

10. slugbug

slugbug Well-Known Member

I only wipe battery stats before I flash a kernel. I've never wipe stats in conjunction with charging. I can easily go an entire day without charging. I usually go to bed with something between 20-40% and re-charge at work while I stream Pandora.

I would like to learn more about wiping stats at a certain point in the charging process, I didn't know about that. Thanks.

11. neoshi

neoshi Well-Known Member

Apologies for thread revival, but I did a wipe battery stats in CWM recovery for extended battery and I'm now stuck in a boot loop... :( any ideas?

specifically:
    1) i had a fully charged extended battery
    2) i had just run down to 0% on my other extended battery that i was using
    3) put in the fully charged one
    4) wiped battery stats

should i have charged the drained battery via plug and then wiped battery stats instead?

12. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

can you get into recovery? not sure what happend never heard it doing that. try wiping dalvik cache and cache maybe.

13. neoshi

neoshi Well-Known Member

yup, get into recovery fine. wiping dalvik doesn't have any negative side effects right? i know wiping cache is basically wiping temp files so it doesn't really affect anything (other than maybe remembered logins).

Man.. I am on a roll of messing up my Evo this month :p

14. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

sometimes that is the only way to learn. lol
    wiping dalvik cache will not really do anything. dalvik cache is where your phone loads exec files for your apps. wiping it will just make the phone boot up longer as it has to build up dalvik cache again.

15. neoshi

neoshi Well-Known Member

Nothing worked except a nandroid restore :(

Thanks for your help!