Clearing cache / data 101..........Support

Last Updated:

1. genxgeek

genxgeek Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have some questions after installing froyo as I am now wondering if I should have cleared the cache through recovery prior to updating...I am a newbie to android so please take this into consideration if the answers seem obvious.

What happens if I clear the cache (through recovery) after I updated?

Does clearing the cache get rid of all my apps, and in order to get them back would I have to do a backup restore?

Could clearing the cache make Froyo run smoother? Does everyone who is experienced do this prior to an unofficial upgrade?

I am only getting quadrant scores in the 1300's and I was expecting more of a change. I am judging this against actual use of the phone too. (not just the score)

Advertisement
  2. genxgeek

One more question. Could just going through my apps and clearing cache speed things up?

3. genxgeek

Finally found where someone said the cache could be cleared through recovery after updating. so I did it and see no harm. Seems to run about the same.

4. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Yea I did it before installing Froyo. It was recommended when we got Froyo for the Droid. I always did it in recovery. A habit from running many custom ROMs on my Droid.

U just gotta remember all the apps u had if u didnt back them up. The Market might remember all the apps u installed. I have seen times when it didnt.

5. AndroidScott

AndroidScott Member

Sorry for the newbie question...but how do I clear my cache? I'd like to do it before updating to 2.3.

Thanks!