• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Clearing the email notification light?

dylane

Oct 22, 2010
My email notification light stays on until I manually clear it, or until I read the email on my Note. So if I am sitting at my laptop reading emails, my notification light will constantly flash. This hasn't been my experience with mobile devices and Exchange accounts in the past. My expectation is that within a couple of minutes of the new mail being marked as read in Outlook, that the notification light would turn off. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Not sure if it's any use but I use touchdown mail for my company exchange account and that clears the light after a short time.

Interesting. I'm using the free trial of Touchdown right now in tandem with the stock email client, and it seems that I have to clear the notifications for both before the light goes off. Need to check if I still have this issue if I disable the stock client.

Upvote 0
It is the same thing with the default email client on mine. I could read the email on my desktop and deleted it. It would actually show that there is no new email on the Email icon new mail count, but the notification stays until either I clear it or physically open the Email app. I guess it is just the way it works for the default email client.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones