Clearwire build-out

Last Updated:

1. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm currently half a mile from the signal and 2 miles from the nearest tower, according to the technician I spoke to. In the markets that have had 4G for a while, does clearwire continue to build out to make sure all areas are covered in the market, or do they let gaps in coverage happen within a market? Because if so, that would truly suck for me.

Advertisement
  2. secretmethod70

secretmethod70 Well-Known Member

Who did you call to find out where you are in relation to the signal? I'd love to get that info too.

3. cabbie

clearwire has a page on facebook. on one of the posts, one of the clearwire people mentioned a phone number to figure out if you are covered. i will try to find it.

they also post things like job openings which could be used to guess where they will be expanding to next

4. cabbie

5. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

sprints website also has a map that shows coverage..

I live in 4g area... but my house is in a gap-of-no-coverage!!!!! In this gap..there is a big field, in this field there is a 100sqft area that has coverage!

Now.. that just sucks for me!!!! :cool:

6. cabbie

thats why i hope they continue to try and cover areas within the market before they rush off in their frenzy to cover 120million people by the end of the year. I'd be extremely disappointed if that was the case because that would mean 4G would be nonexistent for me where I live and reduce the value of EVO.

7. secretmethod70

secretmethod70 Well-Known Member

I'm close to the edge, but thankfully will have 4G coverage. I'm still excited for the Evo on 3G, but 4G is like the cherry on top!

8. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

those maps arent 100% accurate *hint* *hint*

9. polkadots

polkadots Well-Known Member

Hmmm...that's interesting. I would hope they'd make sure that their markets that they list as 4G are fully covered - not just some patchwork of coverage. Though I wouldn't be surprised if there were gaps.

10. cr12

cr12 Member

there will be huge gaps, i live in an area that just got sprint 3g like 2 years ago, ill probly see 4g in 5 years haha, im ok with that though.

11. LatinP

LatinP Well-Known Member

There are always gaps, hell Verizon has gaps on their call network to expect a new service to have full coverage in every little sector inside a "covered" area s just plain unrealistic. The question is how big will the gaps be? Wimax has a pretty broad coverage distance I don't foresee alot of gaps but will they exist? Of course.