• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Clickable Photo Frame?

Roroco

Nov 10, 2009
So I waste a bit of screen real estate on my Droid with a few photos of my family. I just like to have a photo on each page. I was wondering if anyone has run across a Photo Frame app that is clickable to a defined action like "Call Wife".

Anyone run across an app like that?

Seems like a pretty easy app to write, but I am having a hard time finding one...

On my Hero what I did was this:

1. Long press on screen
2. Press short cut
3. Press person
4. Select a person
5. Select default action
6. Long press on screen
7. Press Folder
8. Press New folder
9. Drag Contact into folder
10. Open folder
11. Long press on the the word folder
12. Rename it to what ever you want.

Now I did this for a bunch of people and have four of these folders on one screen. They are labeled "call home", "call work", "call mobile", and "send email". In each folder is a picture icon of each contact, you can do without the folders if you want the icon right on your screen. I just like to conserve space even though Sense has seven. :D It's my way of having a speed dial setup and works for me. On vanilla Android it should be the same.

Upvote 0
On my Hero what I did was this:

1. Long press on screen
2. Press short cut
3. Press person
4. Select a person
5. Select default action
6. Long press on screen
7. Press Folder
8. Press New folder
9. Drag Contact into folder
10. Open folder
11. Long press on the the word folder
12. Rename it to what ever you want.

Now I did this for a bunch of people and have four of these folders on one screen. They are labeled "call home", "call work", "call mobile", and "send email". In each folder is a picture icon of each contact, you can do without the folders if you want the icon right on your screen. I just like to conserve space even though Sense has seven. :D It's my way of having a speed dial setup and works for me. On vanilla Android it should be the same.

Thanks, but I am actually on 2.1 so I have speed dial available with contact folder. I was more looking for a 2x2 widget that is a photo frame that I can have an action associated with it.

Thanks again though. It seems like I may be out of luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones