Clicking on links/buttons in webpages does not work all the time! Frustrating, please help.Support

Last Updated:

1. mryark83

mryark83 Member This Topic's Starter

This is really frustrating - when I view webpages and want to click on links/buttons (like the "Submit" button or on the Facebook page, the "Confirm" button or "Post" button), sometimes they do NOT work. Nothing happens. Sometimes it will work, and I notice when I reboot my phone it will start working again (for a while, then stop again). I don't get it and it is really annoying. Is there something wrong with my phone or is this an Android problem? It doesn't just happen on the Facebook webpage, it happens on others too, it as if nothing registers when I tap a link/button.

Any help/suggestions? It would be nice to actually surf the web with no problems. And I know this does not happen on the iPhone, so it can't be a webkit problem...

Thank you in advance!

Advertisement
  2. nashfh

nashfh Well-Known Member

I would try increasing the cache space and clear it out every couple of days.

3. mryark83

How do I do clear out the cache space and clear it out? Is this the reason I am having this problem? Thank you for your response.

EDIT:
    My cache size has already been at the limit (6 mb), so I can't increase it anymore. I just cleared my cache though like you said.

Is this the cause of my problem? Does anyone else have this problem? It seems a bit ridiculous. Thanks for your response

4. nashfh

nashfh Well-Known Member

Did it work?

mryark83 likes this.
  5. mryark83

No unfortunately it did not - I cleared my cache and cookies, and my cache was at the max size already. I just rebooted my phone and that worked.

Annoying - any ideas as to why this is happening or any other solution besides rebooting my phone all the time? It will now work for a little bit and then at some point buttons/link won't respond again. I have the default settings in my webpage settings...

6. inittowinit

inittowinit Active Member

I have experienced the same problem. I noticed sometimes it had to do with the number of windows open. The browser does not always give you the warning. Try closing all the other windows then choose the link. Also try holding the press a little longer. Our even scrolling up or down the page slightly. These are sone things that worked for me. Hope that helps.

mryark83 likes this.
  7. mryark83

Thanks all - this is pretty annoying, we shouldn't have to do this. And yea I try closing all the windows, still same problem unless I reboot my phone.

8. 06Stang

06Stang Well-Known Member

I notice when this happens you just gotta close the browser (actually close not hit the home button) and reopen the webpage. Happens in stock browser and dolphin hd.