Clingo Universal PodiumAccessories

Last Updated:

1. falo

falo Member This Topic's Starter

Right, I've been looking around for a decent dock for my DHD so that I can use it as a proper speakerphone and have it easily presented for development. Having browsed around a bit I bought a Clingo Universal Podium.

So, obviously I have to put a cable through the back rather than just slipping it onto a mico-usb dock, but that's a small overhead for what is so far a fantastic stand. Sticks great to the DHD with or without the case I bought. Being able to rotate and move the phone is an excellent feature and the weighty base is great.

Obviously it's brand new so I can't yet speak for the longevity of the sticky back, but other reviews online suggest it's got a good lasting quality to it. I know that others on the forum have used the car dock version for which there seems to be a mixed reception, more to do with the mounting to car vents.

Advertisement
  2. sonesh

sonesh Well-Known Member

I've got the Windscreen mount, and I've got to say, its pretty good.

It sticks to the phone and holds on to it well. Even in my Ford Fiesta on Pot Hole covered Coventry roads, it didn't loosen its grip.

Two downsides are:
    1) The incredibly long arm from the windscreen to the phone causes a lot of shaking, and
    2) it has a ball and socket hinge connecting the arm to the phone mount, which has no friction, causing the phone to point at the ground

Solution to both is to rest the bottom of the phone on the dash