Cliq Battery C'mon Son!

Last Updated:

1. Lii

Lii Active Member This Topic's Starter

Sup Cliq users, sorry if help exist already cauz I did looq but...

My mom has been with T-mobile since t-mobiles' existance and she just ordered and received the Cliq 2 days ago. Her battery is the absolute worst! It doesn't matter how often she charges it and even if she doesn't use it, the battery life disappears AND the battery stays HOT as if it is being used when it's just sitting around.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Is it a battery thing or what? Is there anything that she can do (setting wise) that will correct this problem. At the tender age of 61, she hardly uses it, but she thought the Cliq was cure and she loves to text!
    But really, any help on saving the battery on the Cliq will be greatly appreciated.

Hope to get some "holla backs!"

Advertisement
  2. Jr33

Jr33 Member

sounds like a bad battery. my cliq battery stays charged all day with heavy use

3. Lii

Thanks a lot Jr33, preciate the feedbac and will check on a new battery for her.

4. vaio

vaio Well-Known Member

Get her a NEW phone SON. What if it was her phone that makes the battery hot? I would not waste my time with just a change of battery. Batteries hardly come out defective but phones do.

5. coasterman927

coasterman927 Well-Known Member

The only time a battery should get hot is when it's being charged and used at the same time. If it's getting hot all on its own, then you should get it checked out.

6. IINaDII

IINaDII Active Member

i loled at c'mon son..

7. realsickclown

realsickclown Well-Known Member

Switch the device it is bunk. It should not be hot just sitting there even when charging mine says warm wile using the device while charging at the samle time. And you should get around 6-8 hrs from a charge with use a whole day at standyby. good luck

8. realsickclown

realsickclown Well-Known Member

Is your touch screen messed up too? Seeing some type'o errors ,I would send it back for another

9. Lii

Thanks guys...nah, touch screen is cool along with everything else x-cept the battery. I looked into some techniques to try and save the battery like:

Taking 3g off

wi-fi off

dimmin' the backlight...blah ze' blah ze' blah....and the report is that it's gettin' better. I def appreciate all the help tho fa-real..good looq-in' out!

10. vaio

vaio Well-Known Member

Just dont use all that facebook stuff and MANUALLY pull your email and keep your light brightness low as possible and you will be set. Dont forget to let the cliq die on its own 2 times and you will see better battery life.

11. vaio

vaio Well-Known Member

Get real, its a forum not english class.

12. p3ezi(moto)

p3ezi(moto) Member

ayo Lii when you get that Cliq back...download a app called Screebl it helps stopping that orientation thing but by doing that it helps save battery life. my phone has been lasting longer since Installed.

13. clitrenta

clitrenta Well-Known Member

Also... recommended to me that you turn phone off when charging. That seems to have helped me to some extent.

14. revision

revision Member

I followed the tip of running it all the way down to the point it shuts off a couple times and personally i'm satisfied with it now. It definitely helped. The first full charge i got maybe 9 hours our of. The second full charge got me over 12 hours. Not a heavy heavy user, but let's just say it doesn't just collect dust either. The power specs are set to the middle selection so it isn't on all the time. It is right up there with my curve. I was hesitant after reading a lot of forum posts about this phone but I seriously think I'm getting attached. Batteries are batteries, don't use car charges a lot, try to deplete them all the way as much as possible before recharging and you might be surprised what you can get out of them. Just my opinion.

15. keylala

keylala Member

Lii
    To be on the safe side if your in the 14 day grace just exchange it at the store. if not changing the settings does help and there was just an update that gives a battery option now. Also if you find a task killer app that helps too. My battery last a good 12 hrs when playing music from Pandora all day at work and up to 18 or more without.

16. mrdurant

mrdurant New Member

I am seeing better results from the update also. Maybe 12 - 14 hours with pretty good use.

17. vfrkent

vfrkent New Member

Also make sure the GPS is turned off, if it is on it will make the unit warm all of the time and suck the battery down, not that I ever had that problem:rolleyes:

Best regards,
    Kent

18. Brnshuga

Brnshuga New Member

Do your mom have all the things running in the background that blur has to offer... like Facebook, twitter, google talk ect! You may want to get rid of some of the widgets that she rarely or never gonna use! Just a thought

19. mikeedoo

mikeedoo Member

The battery does suck. Why would anyone want to turn off Moto Blur, anyway? I love it, though. Just have to make sure I carry a charger, at all time.

20. gorrion

gorrion Member

I'd only suggest to use a task killer app from time to time, and also to turn off/on your phone each several days.

I live happy, only charging at night.

21. mikeedoo

mikeedoo Member

You think the Taskiller uses up battery, too? I have it on for every 30 min. Thought I'd be saving battery since it kills the apps I don't need.

22. gorrion

gorrion Member

I really don't know very much about how task killers work and the resources they spent, but it seems to me that it works.

The app I use is Task Panel, and it says that has auto-killer, but I don't know when the auto-killer function is triggered, so I use it manually.

I'm sorry not to be able to explain myself more but, as I've said, I really don't know very much about it.