• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cliq bluetooth unstable on Wi-fi (after update)

JavaLee

Lurker
Apr 14, 2010
:):mad:It was the best of times, it was the worst of times....

after the most recent update for the Cliq I have noticed that while on the 3G the bluetooth performance is improved (possibly the best ever) but the opposite is true while using bluetooth with Wi-Fi on. When I have Wi-Fi enabled the bluetooth performance is so bad that it's basically unusable. I easily experience a sound-drop every 20 seconds or so.

What's even more odd about this is it doesn't seem to matter whether I am listening to streaming audio or stored mp3 files. In fact most of the time I listen to stored mp3 files. I know that this is not a general problem with all audio playback because things work great when I use wired headphones.

I should mention that I am using Motorola S9 Bluetooth headphones. I can't really chalk the problem up to cross-vendor incompatibility since the phone and headphones are both made by Motorola.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or do I have the Cliq in the world that experienced a dramatic bluetooth performance improvement/downgrade with the latest firmware update?

- Javalee

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones