• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cliq Now Gives Me &&.....

vaio

Dec 7, 2009
When Im texting and hit the space bar the letters &&:..... (something like that) comes up and send the text without me wanting it to be sent. I also get this in other areas where I type and than hit the space bar and I get && and it just keeps doing &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&.

Very weird, I hard reset and it still does it on and off.
Anyone else have/HAD this problem? I went to the store but they would not swap for another since I'm past my 14 day trial.

They did call in and they are going to send me one NEXT week.

Thanks,

Wow... I haven't had that problem with the & signs however I do have a faulty keyboard that has a flickering backlight... and it hits the e key when I'm hitting w, r or d. I also did a hard reset and they are now sending me a new phone. I've also had issues with the sensor that dims the phone during a call, freak out when I'm not on a call... I think it was just a bad unit and I get the replacement today...

However, I won't lie and say this isn't my first problem, this will be my third cliq... I've thought about getting a new phone all together but I have a soft spot for my phone... and I don't think that it's a bad phone, I think that it's just that earlier units may have had defects. I got mine when it was first released, pre-ordered.

We shall see if third time is the charm... hopefully... cause I don't know what other phone I could possibly get!

Upvote 0
Wow... I haven't had that problem with the & signs however I do have a faulty keyboard that has a flickering backlight... and it hits the e key when I'm hitting w, r or d. I also did a hard reset and they are now sending me a new phone. I've also had issues with the sensor that dims the phone during a call, freak out when I'm not on a call... I think it was just a bad unit and I get the replacement today...

However, I won't lie and say this isn't my first problem, this will be my third cliq... I've thought about getting a new phone all together but I have a soft spot for my phone... and I don't think that it's a bad phone, I think that it's just that earlier units may have had defects. I got mine when it was first released, pre-ordered.

We shall see if third time is the charm... hopefully... cause I don't know what other phone I could possibly get!

Oh geez. Now I'm on the lookout for issues, but so far so good....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones